1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada (3d - anim - era - icons - texts)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Jul 10, 2004.

1. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

Do not forget: when I download the new first file of this treat u must replace all the files, do not forget do replace the two *.txt iles for the new ones here ;) Maybe it is the error

2. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

i dont think its my comp.. i just reformated it like this morning, and still the same message comes up. u said the file is 1.5 megs right. well when downloading it reads as 1.46mb. i dont know whats wrong?!!!!!!!!! :confused: :mad: :cry:

Attached Files:

3. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

o and dont think about that little keyboard there. i just opend it to take the pic

4. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

no i did that and it still wont work

5. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

i have done every thing i can do. i have even reformatted the hard drive. i think u should check the files u posted again.

6. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

will your mods work with v1.22 conquests

7. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ok i think u might be right. i just tried your other mod that has a costom unit. and it did not work. o what do you think it is

8. Dirty Clint

Dirty Clint Detective

thankyou, thankyou. Excellent addition to the game!

9. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ok it is not my computer, because i tried it on another computer. mayby your instructions needs something else.

10. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ok Look i know that there are two possibilitys here. 1 your files are fcked up or there is something that im not doing, even though i followed your instructions to the letter!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

has anyone else had problems with this mod, would it be effected by a trainer
    ill post the trainer here

12. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

i figured it out. your mod does not work with civ conquest, it works with civ vanilla, and im going to try ptw now!

13. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ok and it does not work with ptw either

14. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

I tested the files here and them works, I'm sure the problem that u are found is result of some error of "instalation". Delete all the files that u have about Canadian civ, unzip again the *.zip (all them) and use these instructions (for any version of C3Conquests):

- Unzipp all the files that you copy in Internet. If you do the right process, the directory "canada" will be created in your hard disk, with all the files that you need.
    - Go to "Civ 3 Conquests" game directory.
    - Go to directory called Conquests, in "Civ 3 Conquests" directory.
    - Copy into this the "canada" directory that you downloaded in Internet. Do not change its name.
    - In this "canada" directory you find the "Text" directory, there, the files "Civilopedia - Conquests.txt" and "PediaIcons - Conquests.txt". Rename them to "Civilopedia.txt" and "PediaIcons.txt". God_43, if u rename the other versions file or forget to do that, the error message that will appear when u build a Montie will be this one.
    - In this "canada" directory you also find "Arts", there you find "Units". Rename the file "units_32 - conquests.pcx" to "units_32.pcx".
    - Copy the file "canada - conquest.biq" to "Scenarios" or "Conquests" directory.
    - Start the game and load "canada - conquests.biq".

God_43, please, fellow these steps again, r u forgotting any of them?

test and post the results, i hope it works

15. Ukas

Ukas Pthooey of Tomainia

Just wanted to say that it's excellent leaderhead! :hatsoff:

16. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ok heres what i have been doing, i combine/unzip all of the files together, then i put the new folder in the conquests(the directory thats in the conquests folder) folder, i then rename the 3 files Civilopedia - Conquests.txt, PediaIcons - Conquests.txt and units_32 - conquests.pcx to Civilopedia.txt, PediaIcons.txt and units_32.pcx. then i Copy the file canada - conquest.biq to Conquests directory and when thats done i start the game and load canada - conquests.biq. now am i missing something here i mean wtf, like my posts explain, it works with the origonal but not the other two.
    so im at a cross? o yes and i all so have deleted the files to.

17. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

"God_43, if u rename the other versions file or forget to do that, the error message that will appear"

wait a minunte.... what do i have to rename the other files to?!

18. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

Go to: canada/art/units and check if the directory that are there is called Mountie. After that check if there is in this directory 6 files, every them "mountie" in them names.

19. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

yes it does have 6 files

20. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

If r playinf Conquest u don't need rename the PTW and Vanilla files, i u r playinf Vanilla u must rename the PTW files and rename again the Conquest, all this for these tree files: civilopedia.txt - pediaicons.txt - unit_32.pcx . It is not necessary (and not recommedated) u replaces thata files for the originals, I just recomment it if u wanna play in Vanilla version, and, of corse, make back up before