1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Prince tougher after Warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Toshiro126, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

Hey, folks! Good morning from (somewhat sunny) Boston....

Has anyone noticed, or read anything about, the AI being made smarter in the Warlords expansion? I play on Prince or Monarch in most of my games. Before I installed Warlords, Prince was pretty easy, and I could win fairly easily, even when my play was kind of sloppy... :blush:

In the few games I've played after the Warlords installation, however, Prince seems to not be as easy as it used to be. In fact, the last two games have been pretty rough (I usually go for the Space Race victory). Has anyone noticed this, or read anything about it on the forums? Or is my spending 50 hours a week in a cubicle making me senile??? :confused:

2. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

It seems to be from my standpoint.

I used to play on prince on vanilla Civ and since I have started playing Warlords, I have gone back to noble now.

3. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

I have found Warlords to be much easier, but in both games I played an imperialistic civ and Prince level seems easier than Noble in vanilla civ 4.

4. gdgrimm

gdgrimm Prince

I think somebody has shown that Marathon mode in Warlords generates Barbarians at a much greater rate than it used to.

Also, I'm convinced that the Barbs are acting much more intelligently (i.e. they won't always suicide against my Archer fortified on a forested hill).

I don't know if the AI civ's in general feel any harder, though.

Early wars against Protective civs can be really painful, though.

5. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

I agree about the barbarians. For the first time since installing Warlords, I started out on a large land mass by myself. Thought I had all the time in the world to set up my cities. Until quite a few barbarian axemen started running around. :eek:

And, Gdgrimm, I agree about the protective civs early on. They're tough. Of course when I played as Tokugawa with the Agg/Pro combo, I wasn't complaining. :goodjob: