Princess Pistol (24/08/2006)

beboy...If I have have an error in the "PistolPrincessFortify", I am not surprised ...doing so much work lately and hurrying that I can easily make typos. All should be Pistol with an "O"...All is correct in my folder and the Files work well. IF they Need Renaming...do so. Take any or all of the Files and Update this Unit as you like.

Vuldacon said:
beboy...If I have have an error in the "PistolPrincessFortify", I am not surprised ...doing so much work lately and hurrying that I can easily make typos. All should be Pistol with an "O"...All is correct in my folder and the Files work well. IF they Need Renaming...do so. Take any or all of the Files and Update this Unit as you like.

All done, thanks! :D The file is already updated and corrected with your stuff!

Please do not bump threads that are more than, say, three months old unless you have something meaningful to add (i.e. found problems with the unit, created a sound pack for it etc).

MartinLuther... It is Fine that you found the Unit novel enough to post a comment and nothing at all wrong with that.

Some members have a problem with anyone posting comments about units that are not recently released because it could potentially become too many posts to read through just to see if something New had been added.

This is not so much a problem now as there are not as Many New Units being made so not many posts to sort through on this Forum.

Personally, I like to read what people think of units...any unit, Old or New.
The last time I checked, this forum is for Units and comments about them.

Not to start any chain reaction or plethora of Posts concerning this but it has Annoyed me Greatly for years when I see anyone post a "slap on the hand" (especially to new Members) concerning posting about an older unit. Those "slaps on the hand" Posts merely add to what they claim they do not like. Any infraction of the Rules here are a matter for the Moderators.

...I will also add that it is just NOT friendly to New Members to admonish them for simply posting their comments about a Unit. This casts a Bad reflection on the Site to New Members. One post, commenting on a Unit is not SPAM, no matter how old the Unit and does not cause any problems at all.
IF the same non existant rule was applied to any member, then posting an admonishing comment publicly to a New Member is certainly an infraction as it is uncalled for, un-necessary and not their position to "correct" others, "police" the Site, or try to dictate their personal Rules that do not exist.

My Opinion to any Members regarding Posting about Older units is "Lighten Up", it is NOT an issue or problem at all :)

...and Yes, I am "breaking the Rules" here just by posting MY Opinion. It is not the correct forum and no doubt will cause ill feelings as well as more posts from others regarding their Personal Opinions. I am Admonishing all members who take it upon themselves to Continuously Admonish Others needlessly, causing ill feelings and a bad reflection on the Site.

Voldacon, I agree one hundreded percent. Though this was by far one of the nicer responses to a bump, I had for the longest time gotten tired of seeing a bump and having five different people yelling at or making fun of the person who bumped the thread. There have been times when I saw an older unit that I did not remember or had missed that was brought to my attention because of a bump.

Power to ya Vuldacon!
And to keep this on-topic, great unit. (Even though it's eons old... :D )

I would like to write up a strongly worded UN Resolution disagreeing with everything Vuldacon wrote, knowing full well it's completely toothless and will have absolutely no bearing or power whatsoever.
I disagree with Vuldacon's opinion as strongly as possible without actually getting into trouble with the mods.

Vuldacon ,you`re just right !
Even more when I think of ,how I have first found these site. Without any glue how forums function you have a very good chance to break some rules at once with a single post. Even better the chances getting when it`s up to fulfill not existing rules !!!

... and here`s a little story how I have once seen a bump :
I was subscribed on an unit thread here. The thread has become older and older. So I forget more and more about that unit. Than much to my surprise a 3/4 year later somebody has posted the good old "Nice Unit" comment. That was the first email CFC has send me. After that I was forced to return 5 times (= 5 emails) ,just to read "Hey ! It`s not allowed to post here anymore"

Now guess which of the both has annoyed me more :

A) one time "Nice Unit"
B) five times "totally OFF-TOPIC SPAM"

I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL MEMBERS WHO HAS SUBSCRIBED HERE !

Bye
General 666

EDIT: Correct typos and misspelling

I have in the past PMd someone to both welcome them to the site and gently suggest how to avoid being chased from the neighborhood by barking dogs. Avoids both public humiliation and the "Oh look, Vuldacon posted in that old thread, must something interesting going on" red herring.

I have also PMd to warn those who have been members for several years who suddenly start spamming the "cool, dude!" comments.

Here, as everywhere, tact is rarer than opinion.

Also, there's a thread in the site feedback forum to discuss this issue. Please don't post here to further discuss it.

Top Bottom