Priority Target?

Karpius

King
I only just noticed this additional option button for bombers, but I neglected to notice which tech activated it (computers maybe?). However, I am unsure how it works. When I click on it, no targets are highlighted.

Anyone have experience with this?

I think this is the same ability that the spec ops get. You can destroy a support unit directly with that ability.
Are you sure it's bombers? I thought I saw this on my triplane fighters. Maybe all air units have it?

Kind of strange bombers can get this. Kind of hard to distinguish support units from 30000 feet in the air. :) Makes sense for spec ops though.

So what's the use for this? Only thing I can see is destroying supply convoys. Seems more useful in multiplayer, or are you guys seeing a lot of supply convoys?
Edit: oh and drones and balloons as well. Forgot about those

To confirm, it is the same function as for Spec Ops. After playing around with it, I noticed when I click on that button any hex with an enemy support unit would highlight in green. Not always easy to spot if there are many units around, however. In my case, there were a few enemy military engineers running around.

Seems to be for all air units as well as Spec Ops.

It's yet another player only ability. The AI doesn't use it, much less build airforces, so like much in Civ VI it feels a little gamey to use in single player.

I have to disagree about the air forces. I know its a common complaint, but I have seen my share of AI air combat activity. While it is inconsistent, I don't find it entirely absent as others have reported. In my current game, Poundmaker has been using jet bombers to regularly strike at Alexander, while Barbarossa has many deployed fighters that my own bombers have to fight through.

But as I said, it is quite inconsistent and in my last game, Barbarossa built no air units (that I saw) while Gitarja and Curtain did. It is utterly unpredictable why an AI civ will use them one game and not the next. But the ability *is* there.

Top Bottom