• No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

caveman1917

Warlord
In this thread it says we're holding off with creating private forums because
DaveShack said:
Notes:
1. Private forums are not created until after the #teams is finalized. The reason for delaying is to allow free movement between teams until the official signups start, so that no player can be "contaminated" by team private information.

In team Sirius we are awaiting our private forum so we can start discussing things.
I also see that of course free movement is not possible once someone has joined these private forums.

But would it not be more democratic to let people choose this for themselves? We create our private forums already, but anyone is free to join yet or not, with the knowledge that once joined you can't move to another team. I for once would be gladly willing to give up my 'right' of free movement in order to get started on the discussions, and i'm sure there are others that feel that way.

I'm also sure there are others who would like not to join a team yet, but wait a bit and be free to move to some other team. But there is no obligation for anyone to join the private forum so there's no problem in that. However as it stands now, we're actually forcing everyone to go with it like this, and i wonder wether that's the most democratic way to do this?

So i propose creating the private forums, and let everyone choose for themselves wether they want to join already or retain their right to free movement in the future.

Activity is still very low. In my opinion, too low to get the game rolling. What's needed is the public annoucement. And we can't set the team threads private if the goal was to advertize the team philosophy.

Activity is still very low. In my opinion, too low to get the game rolling. What's needed is the public annoucement. And we can't set the team threads private if the goal was to advertize the team philosophy.

I didn't mean setting the team threads themselves private, but besides the open team threads there could already be a place for private discussions about specific things. But keeping those team threads we already have open, so new players can 'shop' around for a team.

Indeed, I don't understand where you got that from slaze - the team threads would of course remain public. What's needed is a place where teams can start to privately discuss various settings, which currently doesn't exist and is stifling discussion as a result.

I think a forum per team is a good idear. It would be great if it could stay public untill the game is about to start. Discussing team stuff in just one thread is not handy, nor is flooding the main forum with team stuff.
I think it's a bad idea to have team discussions public, because then it's no different to the main forum. You have teams choosing civs specifically to counter other civs they know will be picked, you have teams seeing how other teams are going to vote on settings polls and influencing others... it just doesn't make sense. ;)

I agree team forums should remain private. If someone wishes to ask a question of the team, they can use the team thread.

As to whether or not we need them now, I'm in the middle. Currently I don't think there's enough players to make private forums worth it. Yet, I also believe that we'd gain activity and players with the forums. ;)

Private forums are needed to play the game,right?
And the game is to be played.
We shall not attract more people if the the things don't go towards the launching of the game.
To delay,just to delay, loses people,IMO.

Indeed. At the moment it seems like there's a bit too much bureaucracy involved in organising this game for its own good. It shouldn't have to take several weeks to get a simple thing like a few new private forums. It seems to me that ultimately, it's unnecessary delays like this that cause interest and activity to sag more than anything else.

We need team foren and especially privat; open team foren are for nothing.
In the moment we wait for ...

I imagine it will simply be now waiting for an Admin to actually create them and the user groups surrounding them.

The delay was waiting for the team names. Now we have all 6 it can be accomplished relatively easily

And not a moment too soon... One of the reasons we desperately need private forums is because (unfortunately:() some people (who shall remain nameless:nono:) are posting in the team threads of other teams to intentionally disparrage that team's game philosophy...:cry:

That's pretty disapointing IMO... I mean if you want to rag on another team's overall strategy in your own team thread then :rolleyes: whatever, but geez... Is it really necessary to tell potential joiners to a team that the game strategy of that team is inferior, and will cause that team to lose?:confused: I mean is that how you want to encourage people to join your own team? By sandbagging on other teams before the game even starts:dubious:?

Makes me sad:(... Hopefully this practice will just stop... no response, no arguments... just stop... It is poor sportsmanship... don't do it. You know who you are. ;)

The comments in question were removed voluntarily. I don't think it was meant to be actively damaging, just an honest reaction to the concept that was phrased too negatively. Hopefully the team will get the benefit of (semi) constructive criticism without too much lasting effect.

Top Bottom