1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Privateers and no need for a port

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by thehouse1, Sep 29, 2008.

1. thehouse1

thehouse1 Chieftain

1.My Privateers can sail into other countries cities and even use them as Panama Canals. MUST BE FIXED. I can leave my privateer in a dutch colony while waiting for their ships to come.
    2.You don't need to build a port city. You build only interior cities and use a Native or another countries city as your port. If you have a ship and a wagon train in a native settlement you can move good between the two.

2. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Chieftain

Wow, that is pretty bad. I had a related privateer bug. I posted it in Tech support before the Bug report forum was up:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=292951

I entered an Indian settlement with a Privateer and now I can't get out. The settlement is entirely surrounded with another colonial power's influence and it says that I risk declaring war if I leave the settlement.

Privateers are supposed to be exempt from minding boundaries, right? I'm not sure if the English influence was surrounding the settlement when I entered, but this bug has my privateer stuck!

Eventually I was at war with the English colonies, so I just sailed out after that.

3. Sykstring

Sykstring Chieftain

I noticed that I too can't go into another territory without open borders without declaring war. It also quit giving me my plunder when outside of a coastal city. It gave it for a few turns, then quit.

I sure hope that this is fixed.

4. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Chieftain

Syk, please explain the circumstances further. Nothing you said sounds like a bug to me.

5. Daniel Shays

Daniel Shays Chieftain

I had the same problem.

To fix it and get my privateer back out of the Indian settlement without declaring war on the Dutch I went to CIV4UnitInfos.xml searched for privateer and changed <bRivalTerritory>0</bRivalTerritory> to <bRivalTerritory>1</bRivalTerritory>.