1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Probably the best start i ever had :D

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Shirastro, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ferros

ferros Chieftain

I guess you are using some kind of mod or cooked this start since you got two desert tiles in your starting area, which you can't get in a normal Civ-game.

2. GGracchus

GGracchus Tribune of Rome

^He might have moved from his starting location.

3. Rewjeo

Rewjeo Chieftain

Playing Byzantium, advanced start medieval era game. I have horses and iron as well as plenty of gems. Used spare money to grab guilds and then immediately started researching theology. I founded Judaism and it has spread to the Inca and Spanish to my east and west. There is water to my south. Other religions are to the north. Thanks to Feudalism+Theocracy+Barracks+Stables I am now mass producing 9 EXP Cataphracts and expanding north with no real fear of an attack on my own lands. This is looking like a pretty easy game, despite the game thinking I had the worst start of all the civs on the map. I guess it makes sense; I was relatively undeveloped, had fewer cities, and was hemmed in on all sides.

I will admit I set this start up somewhat, but only so far as making sure I had horses and iron in my starting area.

4. The-Hawk

The-Hawk Old Original Geezer

Last night I ran mapfinder for a Deity culture scenario (part of the Hall of Fame challenger series). Came up with this start. I think it might work. ;)

Gan_Dei_Sta_Inl_Nor_Anc_4000-BC_Tem_Low_Nov-08-2011_10-14-06_102_9.jpg

5. GGracchus

GGracchus Tribune of Rome

:eek:Quintuple gold???!!! Plus two corn? You might run into food problems.