Probably unrelated, but...

Lormax

Chieftain
So...I've had a WoW account for months and months and months. Never had a problem with it.

Less than 24 hours after running the FFH-2 .exe installer, the account is hacked, everything is gone.

Now I'm not saying that it WAS FFH that did it. What I am saying is that it's the ONLY thing that has been installed/downloaded in about a week onto the only computer that is used to login to that WoW account. Running Ad-Aware 2008 as I type this, infections have been found since the installation.

I really don't think it was FFH, but at this point, it's my only suspect. The only other option would be PerfectWorld2.py, from Civfanatics, or a couple other maps from this site as well.

If the only thing this does is re-iterate to some of you the importance of computer security and make you scan your systems, so be it. If my scans turn up anything I'll definitely be posting.

It is a coincidence. Do not count on it to find the problem. This type of things are misleading and make for you much harder to find out the real cause. It could have been a virus through e-mail, the browser or the always holed windows OS.
It could even be that someone that doesn't like you from WoW, have found a way to use your P2P server to make your life miserable. Especially if you have ADSL connection and you do not bother to reset the ADSL modem once a while(in order to change your IP).

First off, quick apology, since I forgot I bookmarked the Strategy and Tips section. This post definitely doesn't belong here.

I'm on cable and my router gets reset often, probably every 3 days or so.

Like my topic suggests, you're probably right, probably a coincidence. 250,000+ downloads means someone else would've been hit before me if it was the case. Either way, if you're the type that thinks it'll never happen to you, don't be so sure. Too many malicious people out there after you're lewts!

Hopefully things get restored. If not I'm glad to be able to say I've got a good guild to help get back on my feet.

Well, at least it got you off WoW.
That's always something to be jolly 'bout. :)

And now you will be forced to play FfH2 8760 hours each year

I'm glad to be of the WoW treadmill myself but that's a hell of a way to get knocked out. I hope you're able to recover and find out what happened!

Top Bottom