1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

probalby won't be getting it

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by phillip1882, Jun 7, 2008.

1. phillip1882

phillip1882 Chieftain

though i have x-box 360, i unfortunately don't have x-box live, as i never could get my internet connection to work with it. though it has single player, i perfer playing people, as ai is ussually not very intellegent. sorry faraxis, its too bad you didnt release a pc version of this, i'd probably buy that in a second!:(

2. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

too bad you can't try the demo...the AI is actually pretty good in CivRev.

3. Sgt Grimes

Sgt Grimes Chieftain

Agreed, and the unit pathfinding is pretty impressive as well. In one game I was bringing a warrior army back to base in a 12+ move, and when it got to a narrow strip of land that would only allow one unit through, I saw it back-up a few steps in order to let another civ's unit pass by. It then resumed it's pre-plotted journey back to base without so much as breaking stride once.

I tell ya....I was so taken aback, I nearly fell out my chair when I saw it! :D

4. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Chieftain

really that's pretty cool, who decides right of way though?

5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

But several units can occupy the same tile at a time..? Or am i misunderstanding what you are saying?

6. sigmakan

sigmakan Chieftain

and the AI annoyingly blocks your roads with fortified archers. Tricky bastards.

7. Sgt Grimes

Sgt Grimes Chieftain

lol....it's probably decided by which civ is the most civilized and has the best manners, Schuesseled. :D

It was unit belonging to another civ, Sneerk; and they can't occupy the same tile as your own.

8. LordRahl

LordRahl The Objectivist

There's always PS3.

9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I see.. .