Problem chopping/improving in jungles

Frantic Ferret

Chieftain
Once you acquire Ironworking are there any other factors that would prohibit the removal of jungles? I was trying to build a mine on a gem resource in the jungle and wasn't able to, even though the Mine button was available. The jungle was in both my cultural boundries as well as the fat cross for the city. Am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Ironworking should allow your Worker to remove the jungle.
Can you post a save or screenshot?

Welcome to the Forums Frantic Ferret. :beer:

You need ironworking and access to iron to chop jungles.

Frantic Ferret said the jungle was in his BFC.

Here we go. It's the city to the far south (Gergovia, I think). Please ignore the ridiculous city palce emnt. This is my first game in a few years and I'm just trying to get used to the interface again.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Jungles.CivBeyondSwordSave
    147.7 KB · Views: 54
Ummmm.... Wha...?? Yes you can...

Click on the axe symbol, and the jungle will be removed. The reason why it isn't flashing is that it isn't a reccomended action (even though it is better than everything else :p)

If you mean the rice, it is outside your cultural borders.

There is no problem. Just click on the axe...

Hmmm, maybe I need a reinstall. If I try to chop or build the mine the workers start going through the motions, but on the next turn they are waiting for orders and the jungle is still there.

Thanks for looking at that.

Hmmm, maybe I need a reinstall. If I try to chop or build the mine the workers start going through the motions, but on the next turn they are waiting for orders and the jungle is still there.

Thanks for looking at that.

I don't think a reinstall will help you.

If the worker stops in the middle of its job, that usually means its in immediate danger of being captured. Is there a barb or barb city nearby where your worker could be killed? Seems unlikely, but that's all I can think of.

Even if it gets interrupted, it's still doing its job. Just keep clicking the chop button each turn, he'll whittle it down at the usual speed. (four turns on normal)

Actually if you look closely, you can see a black city border one tile to the right of the tile attempting to be chopped. So perhaps its the immediate danger of being captured reason

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I never realized that the proximity of enemy units would cause workers to stop their tasks. Makes sense though, as I can build the farm on the rice to the west.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I never realized that the proximity of enemy units would cause workers to stop their tasks. Makes sense though, as I can build the farm on the rice to the west.

That and enemy borders as well. To save yourself from this problem...

Kill all your enemies :)

Top Bottom