Problem: Cursor out of sync after waking pc out of sleep mode

ryan1266

Chieftain
For some reason Civ 5 glitches whenever my computer sleeps and the cursor becomes unsynced with the game so I have my cursor at one place but the game reads it as being an inch or so under... It's really annoying and I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Moderator Action: Moved to Technical Support, I believe you'll have a better chance finding a good answer here. :)

I have the same problem every time I try to use DX10/11. Cursor won't sync and I can't start the game, so I always play at DX9 and have had no further problems.

I've seen this before when I play Crysis in windowed mode. Its some software bug.

Not really a fix, but the easiest way to avoid this is disable your computer from sleeping, or else quit out of Civ before your computer sleeps.

I've seen this before when I play Crysis in windowed mode. Its some software bug.

Not really a fix, but the easiest way to avoid this is disable your computer from sleeping, or else quit out of Civ before your computer sleeps.

Ah, I can't believe I didn't think of turning off sleeping! Thanks!

I find doing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and going to the Task Manager and then exiting from that puts the cursor back where it should be.

Top Bottom