problem installing patch_v317

mayor

Heart & Mind
hello,

Yesterday I tried to install patch_v317 for Civ BTS.
It was night, nothing happened and I was going to bed so I closed my laptop, because I thought if it didn't work I would just install it today.

Well it didn't work; so I started it again this afternoon.
This is what happened;

I got an messagebox that said this and this is availeble would you like to install it.
I was yes So clicked install.
Then a new messagebox appeared which said:
"Update error"
But when I wanted to go back to the main menu it said it was busy updating so I thougth well it worked anyway.

But when I returned from school (had a test) it showed nothing and I still couldn't get to the main menu.

I hope I made myself clear.

Is there anyone who knows what I have to do?

because I don't get it.

Rutger

P.S. when there are faults in my english it's because I'm dutch and tired;)

oke thanks

I'm also having trouble getting the game patched. I know that the auto updater is shoddy at best so I went to get the executable patch from the website. So I downloaded it and tried to run it but got this error:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (841)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (http://www.2kgames.com/civ4)
PGUID:32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989
$12.0.0.49985PAK
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 256.64

I believe that it's an installshield issue, but a google search didn't yield any useful results. I was hoping somebody on here might have an idea of what I might be able to do so that I can play with my friends.

I tried that like five times, but I deleted it before I downloaded a fresh patch install and for whatever reason it went through. Tears of joy. I spent three days trying to get this to work and now it finally does. Thank you!

Top Bottom