1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem Installing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by bdrr, Jun 28, 2010.

1. bdrr

bdrr Chieftain

Hi -

I've extracted the mods to the mods folder and the assets to the assets folder, but the only scenario I've been granted access to is the Eugenics War. I can't play any of the Final Frontier based scenarios.

Being computer illiterate, I would much appreciate if somebody could walk me through what I should be looking for having done wrong, or how to do it right from the beginning.

Thanks much

- bdrr

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Are you sure you have the correct mods and assets folders? You need the ones where BtS is installed (NOT the My Games folder); typically this is C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword

3. bdrr

bdrr Chieftain

Turns out I got that part right (surprising)

What I didn't understand is that the mod had to be manually loaded under the advanced tab on the main menu.

4. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Yep I've got exactly the same issue. Installed the mods at C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firxais games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

5. debulm

debulm Chieftain

when the installer runs and asks which folder to install star trek on, which folder does should it go?

I installed other mods that said something like, "this mod will install in the mods folder of the location below..." and I just installed them on the folder marked "Beyond the Sword" and it automatically put it there.

So for star trek, does it work like that. When I tried it, it actually added a string at the end like, "\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star Trek 4.00" and it ruined the installation. So how does this installation perform its file paths?

6. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Just set it to be the directory BtS is installed in (the one it gives you for the default). Or just wait 15 minutes for the new full installer to be uploaded; I removed that screen since it auto-detects it already and it's proven too confusing.