Problem Starting the Game

tupaclives

Tupac Lives on!!
Hey guys,

I've finally bought a copy of C3C for Mac and after installing and entering the serial code the game just closes. No error message, nothing. The game won't actually load, it just exits straight back to the finder.

I'm running a 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OS 10.5.8

Any suggestions? I tried downloading the Aspyr Rev A but exactly the same thing except it doesn't tell me that my processor isn't fast enough.

Have you updated it? The original version that you get on the DVD is PowerPC-only, and stopped working when Leopard arrived. The Rev A patch is available from Aspyr Support. It changes it to a Universal app that runs native on the Intel CPUs. Download it; mount the .dmg; drag the patch installer to the desktop; and run it. You may need to tell it where to find your Civ3 Complete application.

Hope this helps.

If you're having the same problem I had (which is the problem I seem to have with every game on my macbook) then you're getting a drawsprocket error that has to do the the game not being able to support the resolution of your computer -- or something like that. The easy fix is to just launch the game in windowed mode by holding the command button and left clicking on the launch icon in the task bar and adjusting the appropriate setting.

I'm not aware of a permanent fix to playing the game in full screen mode though.

Ok...this sounds almost exactly what my macbook pro is doing. After I installed RevA it now will not launch showing an error code of insert original disc. I can open the disc manually and access the contents however Civ3C cannot see it.

ps Alan I am sorry for posting in more than 1 thread but everything else I have seen on this thread is an exact match for my problem.

Sorry, BadKharma. Nothing in this thread relates to your problem.

No movement so I'm guessing none has worked out how I can fix this?

Fix what? This thread attracted at least two entirely different sets of symptoms.

I'm having the same problem as the OP, but I can't install the Rev A patch, because it says that too is a Power PC application. I mounted it, and tired to open it from the mounted image, but that doesn't work. How do I work around this? I'm trying to install the game and it's giving me a lot of grief.

Hi, welcome :wavey:

1. Where did you get the Rev A patch? Make sure it's from the Aspyr web site.

2. When you download and expand the Rev A patch, it will open as a disk image. Copy the updater from this image to your desktop before you run it. The Aspyr installers seem to be incapable of running directly from a disk image.

Please come back if these tips to not help.

http://support.aspyr.com/entries/20687091-civilization-iii-complete-universal-binary

This was where I downloaded the patch from. I tried using the one in the stickied thread up above but it said I had the wrong address so I just googled it and this was the first thing that came up. I mounted it, copied it to the desktop like you said, and it still said I couldn't open it because "Power PC applications are no longer supported." What else can you think of that might help me out?

I guess you are running OS X Lion. It looks as if the updater uses PowerPC code, and cannot be run in Lion.

Are you sure you need to run it? What version does Civ3 say it is if you select it and do Get Info in the Finder?

Top Bottom