Problem With a Mod

magikarcher

Chieftain
I may not be posting this in the right forum, if this isn't right I am sorry! :cry:

I downloaded FFH 2 today, I moved it to BTS>MODS just like I do with other mods. I went to play it and it said something about the Control Theme being missing or something. :wallbash: If you need a more specific error code to diagnose it I can retrieve that for you. Thanks!

Moderator Action: Moved to the FFH Troubleshooting forum.

The problem is listed under "Known Issues" in the bug thread:
"GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.
Are you sure you installed FFH2 to the right location? :dunno:

I copied it from: Program Files>Firaxis Games>Civ 4> Beyond The Sword> Mods> FFH 2. Then pasted it into: My Documents> My Games> Beyond The Sword> MODS.

I don't know if this is just because I don't have the game where it is suppose to be, but I have a directory called mods under the directory beyond the sword under the directory my games AND I have a mods directory (where I have all the official mods, like final frontier, etc.) under the directory beyond the sword under the directory sid meier's civilization 4. I put FfH in the mods directory under the sid meier pathway. I don't know what the other mods directory is used for.

What else is weird is that I can't find the other scenarios or mods, but they work. :sad:

Which version of civ do you have (complete, steam, standard).

I have the normal version and if would let it install where it wants to it would install the game in the c drive under program files (or program, or programme, depending on localized versions) then the pathway is (at least for me) Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword and there under the mods directory I have the "official" mods (afterworld, broken star, etc.) and now Fall from Heaven 2 032.

I have Complete, and my default install of Civ IV is not Program Files\Firaxis, its Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis, etc. This caused me some problems when installing FFH II 032, because you must change the target in each part of the installation, the MOD itself, the Graphics pack, and the Patch. All default to Program Files\Firaxis.

Have only played it a little while so far, but once I got it all to the correct targets, no problems at all.

BUG had some similar problems with some of its files, because Complete has different target installation directories and registry entries.

I haven't installed graphics pack. Could that be a problem?

Top Bottom