Problem with Cordiform Earth and R&F

Davilex

Chieftain
Just wanted to tell that I can't play the Cordiform TSL Earth Map with the 'enable all maps' mod.
I can select the map and also edit all kinds of things and stuff like usual, but no matter what I do or what I do not, the map is always a complete RNG Pangea Map. Literally, even when I just open up the set up screen, select the map and press play this happens.

I should say in Hot Seat mode that is. In normal Single Player it seems to work fine. I'm someone however who uses Hot Seat mode frequently, so I'm glad over any fix or help. When I just have to change a line of code or a stat in a XML file somewhere I can also do it myself, when I just know which one. :)

I'll have a look at hotseat then, just this map or all ynamp "real" maps?

And just R&F? If that's the case, open a thread in the bug report section with the logs, as I won't be able to test it myself.

So far only the Cordiform Earth Map but I assume that it's because it's not in the base pack of the mod. All maps of the base pack do work normaly.
Remember that I can only paly the Cordiform Earth Map with that 'enable all maps' mod, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the map at all.

Based on my initial testing, does the map work perfectly with the vanilla ruleset, but not with RaF.

And when I open up a hot seat match with the 'enable all maps' mod and select the cordiform earth map and confrim the settings and then switch back to the settings tab (from the select civ tab) the map changed to pangea and all the extra maps are gone. And even when I don't switch or make a hot seat game with only me and AIs (so basicaly a normal SP game) the map ends up being just RNG pangea.

I would have to look about the whole logging thing, how to enable it and so on.

I figured I would have to give you the Lua.log file, but atm it has over 6000 lines.
So, can I delete it or empty it without any problems and then retry everything again?
Or can I / must I send the file that I have right now?

Edit: Also, based on that the other maps in the base mod work and it's just maps and nothing else, I think the fix should be really easy. Something to enable the expansion pack or that notes the version of the game.
When the base map mod is updated for Civ VI version 1.5 (example) and the Cordiform map for Civ VI version 1.4 of course it can make problems or even make the map disappear. Or a meta problem of that kind.
The 'enalbe all maps' mod, atleast for my problem, is merely a workaround for the initial problem: That I can't select the map.
Because you must have updated something in the base mod so the maps show up, because they didn't before I downloaded the newest version from gibhub. So the same or a similiar change has to be made with the cordiform Earth map when it has to work.

Last edited:
Here ya go.
Just started a round. Hot Seat with Cordiform Earth and enable all maps mod. And as usual can't play the map.
It always switched when I confirm the settings. In Hot Seat Mode you always have to confirm the settings (map type, size, number of city states, ect). That seems to unable all of the maps again, so the problem doesn't occur while loading but in the middle of the setup screen, where the maps are yet again not avialble.

The entires of this attemp should be at the bottom of the file, which atm has over 11k lines.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 180
thanks. and strange.

And I don't really know where to start here, as I don't have R&F...

But maybe, if you want to try without the enabler mod, you can edit the config.xml file in the Cordiform Earth folder and below this line
Code:
        <Row File="CordiformEarth.lua" Name="LOC_CORDIFORM_EARTH_NAME" Description="LOC_CORDIFORM_EARTH_DESC" SortIndex="6"/>

add this line
Code:
        <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="CordiformEarth.lua" Name="LOC_CORDIFORM_EARTH_NAME" Description="LOC_CORDIFORM_EARTH_DESC" SortIndex="6"/>

It worked!
Thats what I meant with "Something to enable the expansion pack or that notes the version of the game. Or a meta problem of that kind."

Don't know how else the 'enable all maps' mod can be used, but atleast for this map, it's completely fixed. :)

Thanx for the help :)

Top Bottom