1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with the Mod, help request

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by flood2, May 30, 2010.

1. flood2

flood2 Chieftain

I have the steam version of BtS, 3.19. I downloaded the mod, I've put it in both the "My games" folder, along with the steam/.../bts folder. I updated the mod to the latest version. When I try to load the game I get this error message while the game is trying to load the interface.

GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme.

BtS then crashes. I have gotten another mod to work, any ideas?

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I think steam has a BtS folder inside the BtS folder. Whichever one has the Mods folder that contains the mods that came with BtS is where it goes.

3. manipulated65

manipulated65 Chieftain

Ok i am having this same problem, i have the steam version of CIv4 and BTS, and i am having tons of trouble with this mod..

COuld someone please give me a step by step on how to properly install this on my Civ? I have no idea whether im suppose to copy the assets over the assets, merge it, or just put whats in the mod assets into the game assets.. and another big problem is i cannot find the mod packs for BtS..

i am putting the ST mod into the "mods" folder, but the mods folder is empty (which is weird cause when i load the game, all of the normal BtS mods are there, such as final frontier). I have searched my computer for the other mods for clues as to were the mod folder might be but.. i cant find it..

Im sorry im not very tech savy with mods, and i always have brutal problems when trying to add them onto any game..

Oh it also recognizes the mod in the mods menu, but when i try to load it, i get the same message as flood got, the GFC error... im really at a loss at what to do

Please any help anyone could give would be great.. i would really like to try this mod, looks fantastic

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The empty folder you put it in is the My Games folder, which is not where civ is installed (I really hope with civ5 this folder is removed, it causes no end of confusion for people that don't know how computers work). The folder you're looking for is somewhere under steam's folder.

5. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Yeah, the mod folder is in the game folder somewhere in the steam folder, probably under SteamApps.

6. Crage Millikohn

Crage Millikohn Chieftain

Ok, so I copied and merged the 3.00, then the 3.25 patch into the proper folders where BtS in installed and not the My games folder. This is a boxed copy and I can only get the eugenics wars to load, but even that gets an error. I still have Final Frontier installed and it works. What am I getting wrong?

EDIT: The Eugenics Wars Mod has the following error when loading XML: "XML Error: Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_MORNING_STAR in Info was incorrect Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationsInfos.xml" Also, the interface and command screens do not appear during gameplay with The Eugenics Wars Loaded

7. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Did you install everything? Was the Assets folder in the download copied to the correct place? It looks like it's in the wrong spot (ie, you didn't copy it over your assets directory in the BTS install folder).

Eugenics Wars loads fine for me.

8. Crage Millikohn

Crage Millikohn Chieftain

I put it all in the right place: in the BtS folder in the install directory, not My Games. I moved both the assets and mods. I still can't get it to work.

9. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Chieftain

I would really like to play your Mod, but I have a Problem.

I have BtS 3.19 and copied the Mod to the right place (not My Games) and I can run it, but I have no Writening in the Menü. The buttons and Sub-Menues seem to be at the right Place, but there are no Letters. The Problem isn't new, I know it from Final Frontier Plus also, but I still can't find a way to fix it.

The Problem is only in some Sci-Fi Moddifikations, so FF+ and your Star Trek Mod for example. Other Mods, Like Fall from Heaven, or Rise of Mankind, doesn't have this Problem.

After a long time searching in the Internet for a way to fix the Problem, I hope you can help me with it. Is there something I need to install?
    The game would be a billion times easier, when I could read what I click. But so I haven't any Words in Menue, Zivilopedia or the Options, and that is a real Problem.;)

thanks for your time!

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It has to do with the fact that there are no text tags for non-English languages in Star Trek, so you need the game language set to English while the mod is loaded.

11. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Chieftain

It's, everytime, so simple!:rolleyes:

Thank you, now I can try your Mod. :D