1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Trade Routes and Spies

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by TheLastDays, Nov 1, 2013.

1. TheLastDays

TheLastDays Warlord

Hey,

I have run into a little bit of a problem and I'm not sure what's causing it. Never experienced it before. I have been using trade routes succesfully until some time in the Medieval Age. Then after one of the ships returned and I tried reselecting the trade route it wouldn't let me. I click the target city and the "Accept" button and I even hear the little "bing" sound but the ship doesn't move still waiting for orders. I had to destroy all my trade units because this wasn't working. Also the Available Trade Routes screen is behaving weirdly, showing no routes sometimes, then showing Routes that aren't available, etc.

I thought I'd just finish the game without the trade then even though it bothered me. Now I've reached the Rennaissance and got my first spy and I seem to have a problem that is connected to the other one. In the Espionage screen the city list is empty (both mine and the all cities list). I cannot click the "move" button on my spy therefore he's useless to me...

Anyone encountered something similar?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, others have. In most cases both these problems appear to have involved mod conflicts. Using any mods?

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports.

3. TheLastDays

TheLastDays Warlord

I am using Mods, yes. I have used almost all of these mods before though and never had the problem (finished a few games with the whole setup). There is only one mod that's new in this game and while it therefore seems logical that it's responsible the mod doesn't even touch trade or espionage in any way. I have posted in the mod's thread as well just to see what the mod creator thinks though.

In any case, would deactivating the mod save my savegame?

P.S.: Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Many mods got "broken" by the recent patch and hotfix, triggering odd in-game behavior. You may need to wait for the mod authors to update their mods.