1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems creating ISO file for Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by sjclarkey, Mar 8, 2013.

1. sjclarkey

sjclarkey Chieftain

Hi

I need to move my copy of Civ 4 and Beyond the Sword to a new PC. The new PC doesn't have an optical drive so I am creating ISO files of all my games and then mounting them on the new PC. This has worked well so far. However, I am having problems creating a ISO file for Disk One of Beyond the Sword. The disk reads but when I hit copy it just seems to hang and says is will take 15 hours to copy. Disk 2 went through really quickly and so did Civ 4.

Does this just sound like a corrupt disk? Does anyone know if there is way of getting an ISO copy of Beyond the Sword.

Very frustrating as I was really looking forward to playing on my new super charged PC :confused::(

Any help gratefully received.

2. sjclarkey

sjclarkey Chieftain

I've fixed my own problem. I copied each of the individual files and folders from the disk onto to my hard drive and then created a single ISO file by adding each of these files/folders rather than trying to copy the whole disk at once. This seemed to get around the problem.

I have now installed Civ4 and BTS onto Windows 7 using the great instructions on the sticky at the beginning of this section.