1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

problems installing on Civ4 Beyond sword on Steam + Windows 7 64

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting' started by kotoroshinoto, Dec 1, 2012.

1. kotoroshinoto

kotoroshinoto Chieftain

I have confirmed that the mod installs to the correct folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I CAN successfully load/start a campaign without the mod loaded

mods that came WITH the game load just fine.

and yet, while it tries to load I get the error message:

GFC Error: Failed to Initialize Control Themes

When I search this error I find posts claiming the mod isn't installed to the correct location, except in my case, it IS.

i checked the civ 4 version under the advanced tab, its 319

Please help this is really frustrating (my friends all installed it and it worked fine for them.)

Also, instructions i've seen claim i need to install the mod and THEN patch it, but the only download i have ever found is the patch O file.....

---edit:

I have already purged/reinstalled and verified game cache 3 times and deleted / reinstalled the mod in several different ways. No matter what I have tried (including redownloading the installer), the mod has refused to work, always with the same error.

2. kotoroshinoto

kotoroshinoto Chieftain

Sorry I totally didnt see the link to the installer for version N (who puts a download in a title bar....seriously guys?)