Problems with 16 civs

Malys Faisent

Croissant King
Ok I started my first game, HUGE map, 16 civs, Raging hordes, random everything else, on prince level (and geez this is much more difficult just in gameplay than the other 2!) One problem, I cannot figure out how to view the other 8 civilizations...I've contacted most of them either directly or through a third party, but I cannot actually use diplomacy on all of them. Any suggestions? By the way, EB has the game in stock and on the shelves as far as I can tell when I went in to pickup my pre-order, so if you don't have it, answer my question and go pick it up. :yeah:

Since I won't have the game until mid-november, I can only offer you this quote from the Civ3-infocenter:

"16 Civs: Depending on the map size you select, you may play with up to 16 Civs at once. The foreign advisor screen will only display eight civs at a time, however, so you can hold shift & right click on any of the eight slots on that screen to select another known civ to display. Using the editor, you can modify the game rules to force even tiny maps to support 16 players if you wish, but we don't recommend it if you're claustrophobic!"

Maybe that helps ?

Ah! Thanks, and I've been reading that for days in anticipation too... :) I blame it all on the excitement of actually having the game early, sorry that you cannot get it until November...though I bet if you call an EBGames they'll ship it to you over-night now, as long as you pay for shipping!

First, thanks you guys from firaxis with the tech support you're giving here.

I've downloaded the latest patch (V.29f), and after installing it, when I try to run the game I get an "Insert the game CD" error. I've read the the entire thread looking for a solution to my problem, and I found some users with the same problem, but no answer.

does it have anything to do with my copy being in spanish? Can someone help on this one?

I don't think it neccesary to post my system's specs for this one. If it is, just let me know and I'll post it.

Thank you all.

Top Bottom