Problems with Civ IV complete edition?

oudeis

Chieftain
I'm getting ready to buy Civ 4- specifically to play FFH- but the version I decided to get had the following comment attached to it on the Amazon listing:

AVOID this Complete Edition. The copy comes with version 3.13 of BTS (the latest expansion of the game so far) of which several new updates have been released, however the Complete Edition is not compatible with these updates! As of now, you can find an update compatible with the Complete Edition but that may not be so with future updates. However, I might be wrong, currently I am running the Complete Edition fully updated and playing multiplayer, but I am worried about future updates and expansions that are likely to be incompatible.

I know that FFH requires BTS, and since I am completely new to the Civ franchise I thought I'd post here to ask if anyone could tell me whether this is correct or not, or if there are any other issues with this compilation. Thanks.

There is another post in this subforum that mentions some difficulties in updating the Complete Edition to Bts 3.17, which is needed to play FfH2.

It had a link to a thread...but I can't remember now. If you search about complete edition in this subforum you should find something, though.

I was having some issues with my downloaded copy of BTS and Vista... so I bought the disc.... BTS 3.13.... and had no issues patching to 3.17.... smooth as silk

Top Bottom