1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Civ3 [NVidia TNT 2 64]

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by crypto, Nov 17, 2001.

1. crypto

crypto Chieftain

Hi!

I have problems to start the game. When I start Civ3 - the first demo shows allright but when the menu windows should be appeared (load game, new games etc) screen is BLACK but sounds works fine... Even ctrl-alt-del doesnt bring the screen working mode so I have to boot my computer :(

This problem appears 95% times but sometimes 3D mode works fine so game can be started. When this succees screen seems to be a little different than in cases when loading does not work.

I have NVidia TNT 2 64 with latest detonator drivers v21.83 + w2k. MB Asus K7V.

I quess that problem is in 3D drivers because sometimes it works and sometime it wont :-/

Please help me so I can continue Civ3 playing :)

2. winernights

winernights Chieftain

Update ur drivers....!!!! im using 22.80 now with tnt2 too

3. benne

benne Chieftain

:rolleyes: i have had a similar problem but i have been on to infogrames tech supp. they told me that the game was written for 17" monitors and high refreshrates i dont know how tre this is but it means i may have to buy a new monitor.

4. JackFrost

JackFrost Chieftain

If they wrote the game for 17 inch monitors with high refresh rates ..then ..put it on the side of the box. ...yeesh..

Jack

5. Beowulf

Beowulf Chieftain

How about laptops ? Ever seen a laptop with 17" screen. according to the official website you screen must be capable of 1024x768 x 16bit color