1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with editor on Civ 3 Complete (Steam verison)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Tommy Vercetti, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

I get a lot of errors when I tried to boot the editor up.

A bunch similar to these pop up

and when it DOES boot it looks like this

Is there a patch I can download? I am using this map
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/c3c-north-america-200x250.96895/

What is the problem and how can I fix it? I am rusty at this I have not done anything with Civ 3 in YEARS.

I am using Windows 10.

EDIT: It is in the same folder as Civ 3 Conquests and also I tried reinstalling the game.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I´m very glad that I don´t have the bugged Steam version of Civ 3 Complete and therefore I don´t have any experiences how to deal with those bugs. May be it´s a good idea to pay the Civ 3 Complete version at GOG for about € 1,29 in the next sale, as the GOG version doesn´t have the bug in the labels text, playing havoc with scenarios that are not created with the Steam version and the editors are working well.

Can it be, that you have installed the editor accidently in the Conquest-subfolder of the Conquest-mainfolder ?

3. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

I got the GOG version and it works fine.