Problems with IDLE

mechaerik

Tuturuu!
For reasons unknown to me, my computer wil not let me run the Python IDLE. I installed the new python (2.6) and i can run the command line, but i can't run IDLE. Why?

Did you try installing 2.4 or 2.5? BTW, Civ4 uses 2.4.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Can you provide more information than "my computer wil not let me run the Python IDLE"? Do you get an error message? Is the process listed in the Windows Task Manager (leave it open when you launch IDLE)?

Nope. nothing it just wont open. the computer whirrs, but the program does not open, no error messages. Nothing. It just doesn't open.

No matter what you do, I know of no way to make it so that a python file can be opened by double clicking on it.

When you double click on a .py file the computer will attempt to "run" the file, not open it for editing. You will generally see a Windows command line window popup and then disappear right away because (peticularly in Civ4) the python files are ment to be called from other files and won't do anything at all on their own.

On a side note.

As was mentioned in a post above, Civ4 uses Python v2.4, I for one used Python v2.5 atleast since Warlords and never ran into any problems.

I haven't modded Civ4 with Python v2.6 so I can say from personal expereance, but with each increment towards Python v3.0 more and more stuff changes and the chance of there being a conflict gets larger, especially if your using Python builtin modules.

Top Bottom