Problems with pitboss

Alrik2002

Warlord
Hi,

in another thread I´ve already mentioned a problem with a pitboss game as a sidekick.

Now I want to solve the problem without going off topic in the other thread.

I would like to change some python files within a running pitboss game. Although everyone has the same files, the savegame is locked. The J told me, that there is a option called "GAMEOPTION_LOCK_MODS", but he thought, that it can´t be deactivated in MP-games.

I made some more tests and in normal MP-games via Direct IP, I was able to change the files an resume the savegame.

Even in games which are created within the game via direct IP (everyone is logged in the lobby) and then used with the pitboss this is possible. Unfortunatly in these games I´m not able to protect the Civilizations with a password like in games which are created with the pitboss.

Within the game I`m able to enter a passwort but it has no effect at the next login.

Any ideas how:
- I can change files even in games which are created with the pitboss or
- I can protect civilizations with a password for the logins in games, which are created in the lobby and used afterwards with the pitboss
:confused:

Thank you very much!

Ok. I think I´ve found a workaround. You can create a game via Internet game and the load it in the pitboss. When you log yourself in you´re asked for a password and the files can be changed and the game resumed.

If there is anybody elso who could solve my problem in another way, please feel free to post it.

Top Bottom