Problems with wonder movies? Cut it out!

Hristo

Chieftain
Hi!!

I have had so many problems with the damn wonder movies. And with the new patch its even worse! But I finally had it. I used crtl-x and cut the folder out. Now it works lika a charm.

Yes me too.
The game often crash while playing the wonder movies.
It never happens with the original version of CIV4 and the v1.09 patch... but with the v1.52 patch version, it's huge the problems I have.......
:( :( :(

So you just removed the files from the movie folder, or did you delete the whole movie folder? I also have a lot of problems with the damn wonder movies, and there is no option to turn it off....

FratBoy said:
So you just removed the files from the movie folder, or did you delete the whole movie folder? I also have a lot of problems with the damn wonder movies, and there is no option to turn it off....

I cut the hole thing out and out in my desktop.

Does the setting in the ini file not help??

; Set to 1 for no in-game movies
NoMovies = 1

Does it still crash on that setting? Think this is the wrong forum too, should be in bug reports or technical.

ah those wonder "movies".

i remember those atmospheric realworld images and clips from civ2.. probably due to popular demand, wonder movies were re-introduced to civ4, but without any dedication. seeing pictures of the real pyramids would convince me that this game is about our very world and history, but a crappy 3d animation building up a brown triangle is worse than nothing, it kinda destroys my imagination! *see? this is how the pyramids look in your pathetic civ universe. they are not real, stupid.*

:)

There is an option to turn the wonder movies off in the Civ4.ini config file. Simply change "nomovies" from 0 to 1. There's no need to delete or move the whole folder.

Top Bottom