Production Bonuses

Benford's Law

Warlord
Hi all,
I just had a couple of questions that Civ didn't answer clearly on production bonuses:

a) I understand the Great General bonus for Imperialistic and Great Wall are multiplied (having both gives 400% bonus total), but all hammer production bonuses are simply *additive*, right? EXAMPLE - My city has 20 hammers base production and I am building the Moai Statues, I am Industrious (50% faster wonder build), and I have stone hooked up (+100% production speed)...so now my production would be (150% * 20 hammers) = 50 hammers/turn, yes?

b) Do any of these bonuses apply to forest chopping? If it does, what if I chop late in the Moai Statues build....does the overflow include a 50% bonus for Industrious even though my next build may be a naval unit or regular building? I never was too clear on this issue.

I am playing BTS v3.13 with Bhruic's patch.

As always, thanks for any answers to help me understand things better! :)

~Benford's Law

1/ There are just a few bonuses which are multiplicative and not additive, like bureaucracy's commerce boost. And as far as I know, GG creation from great wall + imp is not multiplicative. Hammer production bonuses are additive, yes.

2/ any production goes into the production bonuses, so yes, forest chopping goes through +50% of industrious, +25% of forge...

b) Do any of these bonuses apply to forest chopping?

Yes.

If it does, what if I chop late in the Moai Statues build....does the overflow include a 50% bonus for Industrious even though my next build may be a naval unit or regular building? I never was too clear on this issue.

No, the overflow hammers will be rescaled to take into account you no longer have that production bonus.

Yes.

No, the overflow hammers will be rescaled to take into account you no longer have that production bonus.

On the other hand overflow hammers will be multiplied by any bonus that is applicable to what you put the overflow into eg if you put the oveflow into a building that your leader's traits give a bonus for

To all,
I just tested the +50% Industrious bonus for Wonders through forest chopping....and, it does NOT apply. I play Marathon games, so at that speed 60 hammers would normally be produced from a forest chop pre-Mathematics when a forest is 3 or less tiles away from the receiving city. Here is a screenshot showing Rome (playing Augustus Caesar) getting only 60 hammers from a forest chop while building Stonehenge when it should be getting 90 hammers if the Industrious bonus was applied:
Civ4ScreenShot0051.JPG

I also discovered that the Imperialistic bonus does not apply to forest chops when making settlers, either. Alas, I do not have a screenshot for this.

~Benford's Law

I'm pretty sure that means 60 base hammers. All production bonuses should apply to chopped forests. If you went into the city screen and looked at the hammer production from there, I think it would have shown that the hammers from chopping get production bonuses.

DigitalBoy,
I can't really know for sure if you are right or not in this case (you could very well be, because I didn't check the production bar on the very next turn). I went ahead and deleted this sample save game and screenshots already :blush: . Sorry!

~Benford's Law

Top Bottom