1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Production is based on next turn not current turn

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by mrjepson, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mrjepson

mrjepson Chieftain

Production seems to be working like this:

TotalHammersBuilt(n) = TotalHammersBuilt(n-1) + HammersToBeBuilt(n)

and not

TotalHammersBuilt(n) = TotalHammersBuilt(n-1) + HammersToBeBuilt(n-1)

as it would make sense.

This usually isn't notacable because the calculation takes place at the beginning of the turn before anyone is reassigned so HammersBuilt(n) = HammersBuilt(n-1) almost all of the time. It is only noticeable when you have enough timber to meet your (n-1) turns requirement but will be short on turn (n).

I have noticed this when I try to build a church to start and have my two first colonists working in the same colony. I try to balance out my wood and hammers to get the church as fast as possible because 1 more turn can cause the free imigrants to time well with the caravel coming back.

I will have enough timber to satisfy my production (6) and need all 7 hammers to finsh a church that is at 43/50. The next turn I will be out of timber and only have 44/50 completed on my church and my production will then correctly display that I am now generating only 1 production due to my lack of timber. Where did the 6 timber go? Below is a few charts of my testing.

Using 2 in carpenters shop
    Turn 9 10 11 12
    Production +7 +7 +7 +1
    Hammers Completed 25 32 39 40
    Timber in Warehouse 18 12 6 0
    Timber Consumption -6 -6 -6 0

Swapping one out at turn 11 then back in at turn 12 to time church just right
    Turn 9 10 11 12 13
    Production +7 +7 +4 +7 +4
    Hammers Completed 25 32 39 43 47
    Timber in Warehouse 18 12 6 9 3
    Timber Consumption -6 -6 +3 -6 -3

Swapping one out at turn 11 then back in at turn 12 to time church just right
    Turn 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Production +7 +7 +4 +4 +4 +4
    Hammers Completed 25 32 39 43 47 Built (1 overflow)
    Timber in Warehouse 18 12 6 9 12 15
    Timber Consumption -6 -6 +3 +3 +3 +3

Save of turn 9 attached.

This is noticable all of the time in any game as you will sometimes see your production bar seem to move backwards as the projected construction for the next turn doesn't happen for some reason...

Attached Files: