Progress faith buying buildings

andersw

Emperor
Are faith of the masses and divine teachings counterproductive as progress or do they still provide yields on construction when purchased with faith?
It does look like there is a culture gain in the city when I tested it but there are no log messages.
Does this also apply on pure faith buildings like for example monastery and pagodas?

Works on everything that is bought/build in your city. It does exclude free buildings from wonders or effect AFAIK, as well as buildings from pioneers and colonists.
It is also one reason I like to play fealty after progress, as you get to faith-buy monasteries in all cities (and proc that culture).

Edit : to be clear, it works on Faith of the masses and Divine teachings.

Yes I noticed
Works on everything that is bought/build in your city. It does exclude free buildings from wonders or effect AFAIK, as well as buildings from pioneers and colonists.
It is also one reason I like to play fealty after progress, as you get to faith-buy monasteries in all cities (and proc that culture).

Edit : to be clear, it works on Faith of the masses and Divine teachings.
Yes I tested Divine teachings and saw it worked (sadly the faith bonus was no scaling and pure garbage).
I think I forgot to double check on monasteries but culture from faith buildings in general is good stuff.
Pioneers and colonists free buildings ... hrm, maybe worth keeping as settlers instead.

Top Bottom