Project: Changing Culture Spread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - SDK/Python' started by Davinci Fan, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Cruel

Cruel King

2. Diavolo Rosso

Diavolo Rosso Lord Giggles

anyone know how you might go about changing culture spread to the civ 5 does it (choose one square at a time)? not concerned with buying squares, would just like to change culture spread to be one at a time instead of symmetrical rings

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That is what the first post contains....

4. Diavolo Rosso

That wasn't how I understood it. Sounds like the first post details a system where each square adjacent to the city (except diagonal squares) is claimed as territory. That's 4 squares at once. I'm talking about claiming just 1 square at a tim

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sorry, I should not comment when I am unwell. I meant first post on this page and that is not quite right either. The code in the link Cruel posted gives zero to many plots of expansion when the culture spreads.

6. Diavolo Rosso

It'd be hard to make that code work with what I'm trying to do. Right now I'm working on something to interface D&D with Civ4. Specifically, having the players able to run an empire, and be able to use Civ4 as their world map. Originally, I was hoping to have one new square be claimed per culture level instead of a radius.

I'm not a coder nor a modder, and haven't the faintest idea where to start. So if there is anyone out there who has some skills or ideas on how to make this work and likes what I'm doing, reply or feel free to send a PM.