Promethean, Xenonova, and Resurrection Device offer no effect

Airswimmer

Chieftain
NOTE: The screenshots attached to this post were recreated using the IGE, In Game Editor, mod. The issue has been observed in an unmodded game.

Build: 1.0.2.658

All three health wonders, the Promethean, Xenonova, and Resurrection Device, appear to have no effect.

The Xenonova's effect, reduction of penalties by 50%, doesn't appear to alter any values in any tooltips nor does it seems to take any actual effect on a city's yields.
EDIT: The Xenonova does have an effect. Food penalties are reduced by 50% and food penalties only. This change is only represented within the city screen under the individual yield tooltip, not the overall health tooltip. Thank you, TMilkington for the correction.

The Promethean doesn't remove negative Health from the city it is build in whether that negative Health is associated with population or city.
EDIT: It appears that the Promethean does have some effect. It removes negative health associated with improvments, manufactories and petroleum wells. I'm unsure if the wonder is working as intended or the description of the wonder is just unclear.

EDIT: As of 1.0.2.666 the Promethean now removes all negative health caused by population and improvements in the city it's built in.

The Resurrection Device has the same effect, of lack there of, as the Xenonova in the opposite direction, providing no boost in the positive Health benefits.
EDIT: The Resurrection Device works as intended and increases benefits by 50%, but those changes are only represented within the city screen tooltips for each individual yield.

I didn't think to make saves before building these wonders in the past, but I would be happy to get a few saves if asked.

Attachments

• Xenonova Before.jpg
    Xenonova Before.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Xenonova After.jpg
    Xenonova After.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Promethean Before.jpg
    Promethean Before.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Promethean After.jpg
    Promethean After.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Ressurection Device Before.jpg
    Ressurection Device Before.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Ressurection Device After.jpg
    Ressurection Device After.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 120
I noticed a problem with Xenonova (and a lot of the new wonders, honestly) too. It actually does kind of work. The unhealth tool-tip doesn't update when you build it (which is what your screenshot demonstrated) but it does reduce the effects appropriately for food in the city, if you look at your city.

However it does not decrease science or culture lost at all, which its effect description leads me to believe it should. Screen caps for a Civ with -23 health showing effect on food and science in a city.

Food:

Xenonova_food.jpg

Science:

Xenonova_sci.jpg

Without Xenonova should be -46% food and -13% science.

I noticed a problem with Xenonova (and a lot of the new wonders, honestly) too. It actually does kind of work. The unhealth tool-tip doesn't update when you build it (which is what your screenshot demonstrated) but it does reduce the effects appropriately for food in the city, if you look at your city.

However it does not decrease science or culture lost at all, which its effect description leads me to believe it should. Screen caps for a Civ with -23 health showing effect on food and science in a city.

You're absolutely correct. It seems the Xenonova does affect only food penalties; possibly outpost growth penalties as well. I tested it myself and got the same results.

I also went back and re-tested the Resurrection Device and found that it does increased positive health benefits by 50%, but that increase is only represented by the city tooltips.

Top Bottom