1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Promoting Corps Infantry

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SRVclctr, Dec 31, 2016.

1. SRVclctr

SRVclctr Chieftain

I'm fighting as Teddy Roosevelt, and combined two Infantry units into a corps. Eventually the corps (or at least one of the units in the corps) became eligible for promotion. But, whenever I select that corps, there is no option for selecting a promotion. What gives?

2. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Generally that means that the unit has no movement remaining.

3. narmox

narmox Emperor

In addition to Jaybe's point, sometimes the promotion icon is hidden until the unit is woken up or its orders cancelled, with the icon that looks like a sun or like the forbidden symbol (circle with a diagonal bar in it)

4. SRVclctr

SRVclctr Chieftain

I think narmox got it right. It looks like the problem was that the unit was healing in place (no movement) and the icon didn't appear until the unit was fully healed. So when I have another corps unit healing and is ready for promotion, I'll wake it up and see if that works. Either way, I'll come back to this thread and report. Thanks, everybody.

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I often have to hit the cancel button (cancel orders) in order to promote.

6. RealAntithesis

RealAntithesis Warlord

I don't think corps (or armies for that matter) retain any of the individuality of their original single units. A corp or an army are essentially single units and act like one.