Promotion: Double Moves along Rivers?

Viregel

, The Rt. Hon.
Everything in the title, yay!

Basically, I need this as a promotion more than anything else. I'm pretty sure it's possible, as Cyon allegedly had this in an earlier revision of his Kongo mod. Another thing to ask is if this would work:

Spoiler :
Code:
<UnitPromotions_Features>
   	 <Row>
   		 <PromotionType>PROMOTION_</PromotionType>
   		 <FeatureType>FEATURE_RIVER</FeatureType>
   		 <DoubleMove>true</DoubleMove>
   	 </Row>
</UnitPromotions_Features>

It was suggested, but there are doubts as to if it would work. Any enlightenment on this would be appreciated! :D

The XML won't throw an error (it may throw a reference warning), but it won't do what you expect - it'll give you double moves through Jungle

Spoiler :
Code:
  <Features>
    <Row>
      <ID>0</ID>
      <Type>FEATURE_ICE</Type>
    </Row>
    <Row>
      <Type>FEATURE_JUNGLE</Type>

<FakeFeatures>
    <Row>
      <ID>0</ID>
      <Type>FEATURE_LAKE</Type>
    </Row>
    <Row>
      <Type>FEATURE_RIVER</Type>

The XML won't throw an error (it may throw a reference warning), but it won't do what you expect - it'll give you double moves through Jungle

One word - wat.

Anyway, thanks for the advice - though how would I actually put the promotion in? I can't quite tell what the code you posted is (though it's got a serious case of no </Row> tags :p).

Doesn't Scramble for Africa have a promotion like that (Belgium's UA) that you could steal?

I think what he was trying to say is that the game will equate the fake feature river with the real feature jungle because their ID #'s are the same, and River isn't actually a feature as used by game tables.

Belgium does have that, but I don't think it's a promotion.
I'd have to look but my guess is they're being tagged in <Traits> with the FasterAlongRiver attribute.

There's a 'River' boolean in the promotions, but I have no idea what it does. It's a distinct boolean from the Amphib one.

oops, sorry, post and then another post. my bad.

I'd have to look but my guess is they're being tagged in <Traits> with the FasterAlongRiver attribute.
I checked. It's two Traits columns called, yes, FasterAlongRiver, and RiverTradeRoad.

There's a 'River' boolean in the promotions, but I have no idea what it does. It's a distinct boolean from the Amphib one.

Means the unit won't expend an extra movement from crossing the rivers - similar to what Viregel wants, but not the same. Might also preclude the "attacking across river" penalty.

The River column in promotions table means no penalty for attacking across a river.

There is no easy way to make a promotion that gives double movement along rivers, but perhaps it's possible with some Lua.

Top Bottom