Promotion Icons

How do you want the promotion icons to be shown?

• Like now, some iconized, some with images.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • All iconized with same color.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • All iconized colored by group.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • All images.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • All images colored by group.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don't care/I don't know.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other idea. Will post about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zuul

Mod lister!
How do you want the images for all the promotions to be shown?

Iconized are like in orginal game (blue and yellow as default).
Images are painted in different colors.

Check my other "Sorting Promotions" thread for more info.

Either all icons coloured by group or then some images, some icons but group-coloured

i know how much o pain it is to do button groups, but if buttons in a group all match, they look so much better, and are easyer to remember, so i voted all iconised, coloured by group. but if icons are a pain (and i know they are) then images are great :)

Main thing is being able to readily identify what promotions are on that Hero you are about to try smacking down. That means being able to tell the difference between each promotion and identify them quickly.

If not all Iconized and group colored, at the least, SIMPLE images and still a color scheme that matches to groups as well as possible.

It would be somewhat nice if the unit picture would only show the highest level promotion for a series set as well (like how the unit stack summary does right above it. Many of my heroes wind up blocking not just their picture, but also all the states in the late game. (and if not the hero, the flesh golem he becomes)

they had that in 0.23 i think, if you had strenght 1-5 for example, only 5 would be shown (atleast i assume that's what you're talking about). that shouldn't be that tough to implement in BtS?

Actually I was remembering it backwards. It is in their picture that it is already showing just the highest level, and in the stack list that it shows them all.

Oops :(

I still wind up being unable to see my Flesh Golem and high level Hero's health. Mildly annoying (and if in a large stack, they wind up listed at the top, off the screen). Be kinda nice if the selected unit showed up on the bottom of the list instead of top.

Having a kind of Stack examiner would truly be an excellent function, especially for FfH. Let's get Firaxis on that, ASAP.

I definitely don't like the images very much because they can be pretty hard to distinguish when you can actually examine the unit in the stack.

Yes, that is definately needed, both to see the details of your units in a stack with a highly promoted hero, and to see what promotions the units in your rivals stack have.

Also, when it gives you the combat odds it should say which unit you would be attacking so that you can get a better idea of how strong the stack will be after the combat; know you could judge by the unit graphics, but that isn't so helpful when there are many units of the same type in a stack or if you aren't familiar with a civ's unique graphics.

:bump:

Thread Necro!

Anyway, if someone has the time to do this, and Photoshop, I have attached a layout that will make it VERY easy to accomplish. Numerous Background colors are provided, and the special layer which I have created allows you to easily draw a Civ style Gold promotion Icon. (You can use a color other than gold equally easy). There is also a pre-made Star attached.

Other than the special layer, everything is stolen from various sources. Asioasioasio made the flag layout and provided some of the backgrounds, Kael included the Border and the Star with FfH, and the folder layout and WoW promotion bit was from Firefly. Finding his button maker with the nifty folder layout is what made me sit down and design the auto-icon layer and produce this.

EDIT: Uploaded a new version that is done a bit smarter. Now the layer mask for drawing your own Icon isn't connected to the background (so you can move it around) and I have cut the WoW folder which I was just keeping for the sword, realizing I could just keep the sword alone instead :p

Also added some work paths for manipulating new selections with. I'll probably add quite a few more as I get to making promotion icons of my own.

EDIT 2: Now you can also set up your own background color and have it seem texturized fairly well :)

Attachments

• Ultimate Button Maker.zip
    193.1 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom