Promotion Overhaul for VP

Nah, G is very stubborn sometimes. I asked him to add PO as a base VP feature and he refused, because it would be to "difficult". I will add it to MUCfVP for now.

@pineappledan If you are ok, with that, I would add it tomorrow. I already added file for that.
I totally forgot about that feature. I was very eager to add that. Remember that not all letters can be used in Civ 5.

Here is a list of all the names that would be changed, based on the excel spreadsheet. I removed all special characters from the names. I'm away from my own computer all weekend, so I'm not able to go through the SQL database, otherwise I would give you the actual text tags. Sorry.

As for the timing, I hope I'm not coming off as pushy. This has been in the background for a while and I'm in no particular rush, so I'm happy for it to be done whenever.

Attachments

• EndonymXenonym.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 121
@ryanmusante I talked about it with @Asterix Rage. Problem with incorporation is that you loose control over mod. For now I try to update and revise all G's work on each VP release. After incorporation I will lost control over it, becuase I would need to pass everything through VP Github. Let those 2 mods be as they are now. For now I have time to update it and @Asterix Rage too.

I thought about some new thing to add: colouring the promotion names. It would be like:
Good promotions
Mixed promotion or Mixed promotion
Bad promotion

Some early testing:
upload_2018-12-10_22-29-28.png
upload_2018-12-10_22-29-52.png

Opinions?

If you are going to do this, use blue for good promotions and red for bad. Red/green colourblindness is the most common form of colour-blindness

Huh and the game spam us with such contrast all the time... It would be inconsistent.

What do you think about it overally?

The game is already so inconsistent in so many other respects. The font issue, for example.

But if you’d prefer to green/red contrast used in other places that good too. Figure design has taught me to avoid those contrastin colours unless you need >3 colours

Last edited:
I will soon update this mod to latest VP changes. What I missed? What was the major changes in VP inmid december - january - february period?

Last edited:
What was the major changes in VP inmid december - january - february period?
corporations were reworked
Fighters were reworked
New bomber promotion line added for anti-city and anti-unit specialization
Denmark viking/longboat promotions redone
Unique buildings which give instant boosts in every city based on unit actions (Acropolis, Colosseum, Runestone) were changed to origin city yields only, like Japan's Dojo. Orders stayed the same though.
New building feature: Internal TRs to/from a city with a workshop/market/agribusiness/factory get an instant food/production boost when they end.

Last edited:
I will soon update this mod to latest VP changes. What I missed? What was the major changes in VP inmid december - january - february period?
There will be changes to some of the text in promotions in next patch. I was hoping you could make a few suggestions in the github ticket I posted.

For example? There were tons of post to read. I thoutght about updating and adding at least part of colouring I mentioned before.

Wow, this mod became so broken after few updates, but I managed to revive it. Now making some recolouring.

For example? There were tons of post to read. I thoutght about updating and adding at least part of colouring I mentioned before.
TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_HELI_AMBUSH_1, TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_HELI_AMBUSH_2, TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_ANTI_FIGHTER I mentioned in this screeshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-02-08 01-27-51.png
    Screenshot from 2019-02-08 01-27-51.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 160
How many signs?

It depends on the letters used, since the font doesn't make them uniform in length, but there are some names that fit with 17 characters and others get cut off at 15 (ex.: "Rapid Redeployment" gets cut off in the middle of the 'm').

Heh, example you provided is not from my mod :p So VP guys also need to do rework. Honestly it is not a priority to me.

v12 out.

Top Bottom