Promotions?

AndrewH

Prince
As i was watching the last E3 video so far, i noticed something called "Promotions"... it had its own screen and a bunch of icons and such... does anyone have a clue as to what these are?

When you gain experience, there are special attributes that can be given to your units.

IMO, this looks cool. I love the promotion idea and the many different ways you can upgrade units. I'm just curious to how the AI is going to handle these upgrades. I can see potential problems if we have AI civs that aren't much brighter than those in Civ3.

Sounds like the system in Warcraft or Disciples II, where you buy into a tech tree that determines how your units 'level-up' (ala a role playing game -style experience system) to a better unit.

E.g. Warriors into Swordsman. I bet it won't jump techs like that, but will give hitpoints or movement points.

All 40 bonuses are not open to every type of units, are they? I don't want to be able to create a juggernaut that can destroy anything. No Rambo or Steven Segal units (btw, you ever notice that even in the final fight Segal still squashes the antagonist). For example, if there was a bonus that let you ignore defender forest bonus, you want a guerrilla to have that but not an archer (trees block arrows for instance).

the one thing I am concerned about is how to keep track of which unit is bonussed with what...

like, I have a troop with Alpine warfare bonus and I accidentally waste him on a beach landing?

Top Bottom