1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Promotions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by AdelineJ, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

Hello!
    I am attacking the promotions! What files must I modify to create a promotions? Thee is just the Civ4PromotionInfos.xml and button, or more?
    Thanks.
    AdelineJ

2. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

yes that and the text string will need to be defined in a text file, unless you want more complex promotions that involve things like SDK or python in which case....I can't help, but there are lots of good modcomps and things around that.

3. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

I'm almost finished the promotions. I just may any details :

1.<bLeader> I understand It must a Leader to have the promotion. Am I right?
    2. <iKamikazePercent> no idea...
    3. <iRevoltProtection> a weight that prevents the revolt?
    4. <iUpgradeDiscount> I understand the upgrade is less expansive but for the Promotion Leader is 100 while it is experience evolution... I don't understand...
    5. <iExeriencePoint>, like <iUpgradeDiscount>, I understand it was for experience evolution but for Promotion Leader, it's 0...
    6. <HotKey/> I don't know...
    7.<bAltDown>, <bShiftDown>, bCtrlDown>, <iHotKeyPriority>, I don't know...

4. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Because Leader is not Leadership.
    2 different promotions.
    Leader gives free upgrade.
    Leadership gives XP.
    Nothing wrong

5. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

I don't understand...

6. Willi_Tell

Willi_Tell praefectus praetorio

it's like platyping has written: "Leader" and "Leadership" are two different things (and also two different promotions).

The Promotion "Leader" is (usually) used for the GREAT GENERALS. So the <bLeader> function definies, that this particular unit has the ability to "form an army as a Warlord" (in gameplay: to be attached to another unit). And surely you get those 20 experience points when you form an Army, but this has nothing to do with <iExeriencePoint> (see below).

The Promotion "Leadership" is (normally) only available to units with the "Leader" Promotion (in gameplay: units, which have a "Warlord" attached). With "Leadership", the units will gain experience points (shortly called "XP") from battles 100% more/faster. If you, for example, would change the value to <iExeriencePoint>50<i/ExeriencePoint>, the unit would gain only 50% more/faster XP.

Hope you can see clearly now - happy modding! :)

7. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

Where must I mark
    And for questions 2, 3, 6, 7 ?

8. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

2. kamikaze: your unit dies in next combat but get X% combat boost Xbeing the number you enter.

3. it is an i(integer) so stick a number in and then see what the the civolopedia says about the promotion

I don't know what to put in the hotkeys, but it is for fast selection with the keyboard, so doesn't really affect the game.

9. The_guy

The_guy Elephantary School.

The Hotkeys work like this afaik...

Code:
    <Hotkey>KB_R</Hotkey>
    <bAltDown>1</bAltDown>
    <bShiftDown>0</bShiftDown>
    <bCtrlDown>0</bCtrlDown>

makes it that whenever possible, if Alt+R is pressed the selected unit will get this promotion. The <iHotKeyPriority> thingy is to my guesses to decide what hotkey gets priority in case of any duplicate hotkeys. Supposedly that means the highest HotKey Priority is the one to ''win''.
    Still you'll have to try that all out to make sure it works, because I'm just eyeballing that.

Also, <iRevoltProtection> does exactly as it may seem. It helps a unit protect the city it's garrisoned in from revolting. The higher the value, the more protection up to 100% I believe.

Also for help on creating promotions and general XML reference check the Modiki: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4PromotionInfos

10. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

Yes,thanks. I saw modiki but I'm french and I don't understand everything....