Proof god doesn't exist

beingofone said:
It is a non sequitur, how many perceptions do you have?

Just because I can see and reason implies that the supernatural must be involved?

That is a huge leap of logic.

beingofone said:
Can you measure a snowflake?

You said that pattern indicates intellect, therefore, according to you, the snowflake must indicate intellect.

Oh, it doesn't? Then your original assumption must be false.

beingofone said:
hat is called delusion or wishfull thinking. It can be cured, Jesus said so.

Me, deluded? You're the one who believe in the supernatural. ;)

beingofone said:
When you look for God, where do you find him?

I don't look for God. I look around me and see what I see.

You look around you and attempt to see God. Of course you will see him in some places if that is what you were looking for.

Asperger said:
God or Santa Claus, what's the difference ??:confused: ??
Since multiple differences exist, there is no "the" difference, but one difference which I believe you will be forced to acknowledge is that far fewer books describe the nature of Santa Claus in detail. :p

All the actions that have been attributed to Santa Claus have definitively been shown to be the actions of freely acting humans. Likewise, several claims about him (such as residence at the North Pole) have been shown not to be true. Thus, if he does exist, it is in a form quite different from that attributed to him.

Eran of Arcadia said:
All the actions that have been attributed to Santa Claus have definitively been shown to be the actions of freely acting humans. Likewise, several claims about him (such as residence at the North Pole) have been shown not to be true. Thus, if he does exist, it is in a form quite different from that attributed to him.
And when there is the beliefs that the world was balancing at the back of a turtle, and it was flat. The Earth was the centre of the Universe, hmm what more, that the Earth would have collapsed for, like, 350 times now. That is just hot air?

Well, if the earth is on the back of a floating space turtle, what is the turtle on? Of course, the back of another turtle, and so on, and it's turtles all the way down.

This is a reference to a book or something that for the life of me I can't remember.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Well, if the earth is on the back of a floating space turtle, what is the turtle on? Of course, the back of another turtle, and so on, and it's turtles all the way down.

This is a reference to a book or something that for the life of me I can't remember.
OK, what I really meant is that your rationalizing of Santa Claus could work on God if more people had mind to think about it a minute. Incidentally, Organized Religion is more primitive than Paganism! It's completely true!

Eran of Arcadia said:
Define "paganism". Define "primitive". Define "organized religion".
Paganism: An attempt to describe the world in a scientific way.

Primitive: Less advanced in adjacent to something else.

Organized Religion: A system of religion with strict rules; An attempt to describe the world as complete and simple as possible.

Vassego.

Eran of Arcadia said:
That's a very unusual definition of paganism. I always thought that the definition you give actually describes science.
How would you do without necessary equipment? See it like this: A thunderbolt strikes your hut. You would like it to stop. You discuss things with the other villagers and you agree that it is a destructive force, destruction goes hand in hand with anger, you don't like anger in the face of an almighty deity and tries to please it. The first philosophy and the first terms of science is born all at once.

Except that that is no more scientific - to say that the lightning god did it - than to say that the One God did it.

I think that quantifying how "primitive" something is is pointless. Of course, I also don't see the humans of today as inherently smarter or more mature just because we have more accurate knowledge.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Except that that is no more scientific - to say that the lightning god did it - than to say that the One God did it.

I think that quantifying how "primitive" something is is pointless. Of course, I also don't see the humans of today as inherently smarter or more mature just because we have more accurate knowledge.

Man, you don't get the point. What I was saying is that the people who believes in an Organized Religion goes for the shortcut nowadays, whilst basically the pagan people doesn't know better.

That last post does not logically follow from your earlier posts . . .

Anyways, organized religion is not nearly as unscientific as many ofthe nonreligious think. At least, it doesn't have to be. My church has never opposed the teaching or study of any field, and its members have contributed in a number of fields.

Eran of Arcadia said:
That last post does not logically follow from your earlier posts . . .

Anyways, organized religion is not nearly as unscientific as many ofthe nonreligious think. At least, it doesn't have to be. My church has never opposed the teaching or study of any field, and its members have contributed in a number of fields.
And that proves what...?

Top Bottom