Propaganda

Since Merlot's let the cat out of the bag in terms of metagame discussion, and we ended up looking bad because of it (though it's hard to judge the reactions of the other teams), would you guys support a kind of Quatronian-run newspaper in the main forum? This would basically be a lighthearted way to promote our team as "the good guys" using humour (mostly poking fun at ourselves), no nasty stuff. (though there could be some subversive wartime propaganda later on)

I'm pretty sure this won't break any rules to start now, as long as we don't give any information away (which we wouldn't want to) though if you guys feel it would, we can wait until everyone has met everyone. I'm bringing this up now because we could do something about stonehenge on the solstice.

I also just wanted to say thank you all for letting me in on the team (and not suspecting I could be a spy) and helping me learn a lot in the short time I've been here. While I may not be so great at micro and I can't turnplay, I think I can really contribute this way. Of course, we would need very strong support for this, so if you guys don't want to do this for any reason that's fine, or if you think its a great idea but too early, that's fine too.

Just don't backstab our heavies or sap our sentries man ;)

But seriously, sure it's been great to have you on the team, at least I think our team tries to be open and we do want to be democratic and all, it's been a theme from the start. And we still could definitely be happy if we attracted a couple more new members as the team goes and we hopefully have success as the game goes on. Anyway, I may not have the best ideas for this sort of thing myself, but I think it'd be cool if somebody did want to do so - in the past teams have done a lot of stuff even to the point of making youtube videos when they got world wonders and all. Can't really spoil stuff about the game too much this early on, but we already even have Stonehenge and a religion, and if it's funny and creative I'm sure people will enjoy it.

Fine by me though I haven't been thinking hard for any downsides, don't want to spoil the party, but if we all like this I hope it works out.

Top Bottom