(18) Proposal: Add a new city fate when conquering a city state that is under a Sphere of Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasha27

Chieftain
My suggestion is to add one more city fate option to a conquered city state that is under a Sphere of Influence:
- Remove Sphere of Influence or Liberate

The city state wouldn't be neither annexed or puppeted, but the sphere of influence from the previous player would be removed.
This would give a chance to those civs with less influence on the Congress to counter balance some snowballing of the Congress Delegates.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Check me, I thought if a CS was conquered and liberated, the sphere of influence was already broken? Does it just come back as soon as the liberation occurs?

Check me, I thought if a CS was conquered and liberated, the sphere of influence was already broken? Does it just come back as soon as the liberation occurs?
I don't know, but that is two steps, requiring two different civs. the proposal combines them into one step doable by one civ

Liberation only works if you conquer a captured city state.
My proposal is applicable to "independent" city states. One might want not to capture the city state, but just to break the Sphere of Influence without going through congress

This seems similar to an outcome one might desire when dealing with a city-state deeply allied with another civ, Sphere or not. Sort of like the traditional militant version of a coup. No idea if it's easier to add the option just for Spheres of Influence or as a general city-state-specific outcome, plus there's surely an abuse case of being able to re-capture the same city-state over and over (although warmongering penalties might discourage that).

Agreed. I'd make the liberated CS have open doors enforced for 30 turns, and go further by making this available regardless if the CS sphered or not, so you can also remove allies without ending up with a undesired puppet. You'd still get warmonger and diplomatic penalties, but to a lesser extent. To make the CS more defensible, we can move the heal/upgrade in allied CS lands bonus from Imperialism to Statecraft.

Last edited:
I sponsor this proposal.

Proposal Sponsors: Recursive.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom