Proposal: Elimination of magical natural wonders.

It’s pretty weird that a large proportion of the natural wonders are fictional.
Meanwhile, civ6 has all real natural wonders… but also adds vampires and ley lines.

Last edited:
Ley lines. Granted, these are optional game mode additions

Ley lines. Granted, these are optional game mode additions
Mmm, "Eldritch Horror" :)

I'm against of deleting any NW. Almost everyone hates some NW, one or another. It's impossible to satisfy all of us.

If you want to get rid of them, my mod allows that. In new release NW placement algorithm will be redone and it's functionality will be much more intuitive. Set OccurrenceFrequency to 0 and voila - you won't see that wonder.

Right now I would only bother working to get The Fountain of Youth and Mount Kilimanjaro. Even Sir Pada isn't worth a war for. The rest just aren't worth it.
Sri Pada ranks above fountain of youth for me. but coincidentally I do agree with it being less worth a war, but only because the other two are more suited for war. If you're already warmongering, it's not too big a deal to add an extra war target.

Anyway that's a bit off topic. I agree with you that the other natural wonders are just not worth expending extra effort for outside of early game, and I would welcome a change that makes them desirable.

Kilimanjaro's double hills movement is the only truly broken promotion. Which is why I removed that component in my tweaks and keep only the +10% CS.

When will be the new release? I'm interested the most in AI war fix.
Do you ask about VP or MW?
I'm still working on few things in MW (spawning frequencies and AssignStartingPlots.lua verification; some bugfix and tweaks; sv icons for new NWs) so I can tell you that surely not this or next week. I can;t promise anything, but I'm really close to finish it. Probably no new models for previously added NWs, but this will be a part of another update for sure if they will be ready.

Kilimanjaro's double hills movement is the only truly broken promotion. Which is why I removed that component in my tweaks and keep only the +10% CS.
What about adding some malus to it to compensate its power?

What about adding some malus to it to compensate its power?

Please no. I am cool with redoing all the natural wonders so more than two of them are worth fighting for. I am even cool with lessening the power of these two to make them somewhat more in line with the rest. (though all the lesser ones need a boost)

However, I am dead set against giving the promo Mount Kilimanjaro gives a malus.

This to me, is anti-fun. Sure my units get a bonus in one area, but are slightly weaker at something else? No thanks.

Then maybe restrict it to only few type of units instead of all land ones?
Which promos need buffing?

That's why I would like to narrow the eligible units to only few types instead of all land ones. This way, such bonus wouldn't be harmful to the balance, but still worth taking. No malus needed, and even bonus CP could stay on them.

Aside from nerfing by malus, you could also split game-changing effects across multiple unit sub-groups, such that owning many NW would give you somewhat the same effect, but individually they give you an incentive to play one way or another.
E.g. Altitude Training is given: to Melee by Kilimanjaro; to Ranged by Uluru; to Mounted by Grand Mesa.

Altitude training at altitude is a real thing with strong advantages for both athletes and soldiers. Kilimanjaro promotions are fine as they are.

@adan_eslavo gave good advice for wonder haters:
Set OccurrenceFrequency to 0 and voila - you won't see that wonder.

Reactions: 4CV
Altitude training at altitude is a real thing with strong advantages for both athletes and soldiers. Kilimanjaro promotions are fine as they are.

@adan_eslavo gave good advice for wonder haters:
Set OccurrenceFrequency to 0 and voila - you won't see that wonder.
And it can be done in RAS as well, afaik.

Top Bottom