(20) Proposal: Greatly increase production requirements of world congress collaborative wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkn

Prince
I think tripling the cost would be about right (but I haven't exactly done any rigorous analysis).
all reward tiers too

Currently they complete in about a turn and a half. It'll complete in two turns with the total contribution being double the requirement.

Also I think the reward to cost ratio is a little skewed. A world wonder typically takes more than 2 turns of effort, and should. Sure it's all of your cities, but it's still just 1 or 2 turns of effort.
Plus, extra production cost would shift it a little away from straight up a check to see who has the most production, which is quite boring, and a little more towards who is most willing to invest in it. since it'd be more of a commitment.

As a side note, I believe tripling the cost would only about double the effort needed by the top contenders. In my experience, it'll be 90+% complete after 1 turn, but the top competitors still need to go max on it both turns just to compete with each other. Triple production would make it complete in 4 turns.

Last edited:
Does the cost scale with map size currently?

If not, it should.

Other than that, I agree. You might as well put all your cities working on them, because it will be done so quickly and you get a wonder once done so it's a no brainer. The AI often doesn't do this however.

If possible technically I suggest we tie the cost to total score of all civ in the world on the turn it's passed, in case we had a too late or too early world congress.

Total cost is currently (fixed number * # of civs in the world).

Silver is (fixed number)

Bronze is (fixed number / 2)

Where fixed number = the base Production cost for that project.

If possible technically I suggest we tie the cost to total score of all civ in the world on the turn it's passed, in case we had a too late or too early world congress.
This makes the most sense. The issue with too quick building is that usually they get voted on way later than the resolution is available. If I can suggest a resolution, I will rarely choose such a project early on.

In terms of medals, I think at least bronze should be harder as I rarley see a civ not getting it.

I sponsor this proposal.

Proposal Sponsors: Recursive.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom