(1-NS) New granary role, balancing Mongolia and buffing pastures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, as those three functions relate to one building and affect each other I allowed myself to accumulate them in a one thread. As a granary is weaker now and so is Mongolia, I propose:

Adding plus one food on cattle, horses and sheep to granary. Rationale being pastures are unpopular and weak tiles and granary being weak now. This solves both.

Changing lodge food on expand to granary. Rationale being realism, granary is where is food stored and balance as lodge is already more powerful in giving production rather than food.

Mongolia loses plus one food to pastures resources on ger as it is now global on granary. Mongolia loses one faith on ger. Mongolia gains one faith on pastures, an actual pasture, so that it is not so quick. Rationale being historicity and more flavor and more interesting gameplay mechanic.

I'll admit that my knee jerk to the granary change is "this is bad, change it back". But I do think I should at least play a few games before I make some proposals to the latest versions. So I'm kind of loathe to look at proposals that came out the same day as a new version.

The removal of instant food being bad is kinda obvious though.

It was added to granary so that civs with food-poor starts don't have to delay their first settler too much. These starts still exist and haven't been changed much (there was a sheep buff, but not for food), so removing the food definitely hurts them.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship on October 19, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom