Proposed Idea: War Bonds

ice2k4

Emperor
Well I thought of another way to get our economy kicking, what better than war bonds? Since were going to war with Mongolia soon (or we already have) I guess it would be cool if people invested in the war. I was thinking we could do somehting like this:

War bonds can only be purchased during war-time.
Small War Bond costs 50 Gold
Large War Bond costs 100 Gold
20% is payed for every city captured or razed.
25% is lost for every city of ours captured or razed.
5% is payed for every city we lost, which we later recaptured.
War bonds are payed when peace is declared.

A pretty simple idea which creates another way for players to get some cash.

This is open to public opinion, however a final desicion will be made by Ice2k4, GeorgeOP, and BCLG100.

Its a good idea but what are the ways to lose money? there has to be some risk involved!

25% is lost for every city of ours captured or razed.
Well since you lose 25% of your bond if one of our cities is harmed, I think that qualifies as losing money.

Also I might add a rule that sets a goal of the war. If the goal is met an extra 15% is payed back. If the goal is not met you lose 35% at the end of the war. An example of a goal is capture two specific cities, or capture a specific resource.

Well i was thinking people could maybe lose 1 gold per unit lost or something like that.

Well, that might complicate it a little, plus I would actually have to follow how many units are lost. Does any government position post the amount of units lost anywhere? If so, then we can do something like that.

That would be my position as SOW. ( i havent updated that yet)

Yeah I can post that and we could just use the in game unit tracker..a screen shot after the next save then one after the war.

Allright I'll edit the rules in the banking to incorporate war bonds now, since the war starts today. Rob, considering you are the SoW, are there any goals of this war, such as conquest, a specific city or resource?

I agree with the 1 gold (or something) that you lose for every unit. Also, what order is everything calculated out at? I think the city percentages should be calculated simutaniously (sp?), then all lost troop deductions are applied. I also think the troop loss should be a percentage, like 1%.

Ex 1.
Bob buys a large war bond. We capture two cities and lose 6 troops doing it. He starts at 100, it is increased by 40% to 140, then 6% is deducted from the 140 to give him 132. A nice increase for a war we won, but we had a high casualty rate.

Ex. 2.
Bob buys a large war bond. We capture one city, lose a city, but regain that city back. We lose 10 troops doing that. There is an increase of 5% and 20% but a decrease in 25%. It remains at 100. We subtract 10% for troop damage and Bob gets 90 gold. He lost money, but one of our cities was captured and all it's buildings destroyed.

Ex. 3
Bob buys a large war bond. Germany sneak attacks us and captures two of our cities and kills 5 of our troops. We quickly give away a lot of our techs to sue for peace. 50% is deducted for losing cities. Then 5% of the 50 gold left is taken out, leaving 48 gold. Of course, Bob is stupid to buy a war bond in this war.

Well, Ex. A, I don't see much of a problem in. We had a high casualty rate, but we go the job done. War is war, and he profited 40%.

Ex. B is a good example, because it shows if we lose a city and re-capture it, you do not profit, you lose money (because of desturction of losing it in the first place.)

Ex. C is also a good example because it shows how war bonds are always risks.

They are all good examples, but what arethey trieng to prove? I'm not understanding where there's fault in them...

ice2k4 said:
Allright I'll edit the rules in the banking to incorporate war bonds now, since the war starts today. Rob, considering you are the SoW, are there any goals of this war, such as conquest, a specific city or resource?

Check out the war plans thread in the citizen forum It has the goals.

Top Bottom