Protect China!

Junuxx

Emperor
Qin Shi Huang, you led your people to a lush and green valley in the mountains of an otherwise bizarre and hostile world. The barbarians out on the wastelands eye your settlement with great envy. You have started setting up some forts, discovered the secret of Masonry and constructed a massive Wall to keep the uncivilized scum out of your realm, but do you have the skill to lead your people to greatness and to protect them from harm when all the world unites against you?

This scenario sets you up against 4 of Civ's most dreaded warmongers, and is meant to be played on Immortal level. You do not wish to build any settlers, for Beijing is the only true City and the marvel of the world, obviously. Neither does your interest lie in peace, in space, art or diplomacy; it's nothing but total war and total victory you desire. Protect China, and achieve glory, or death! :king:

History:
- Version 1.00; Aug 29 2008; 18 downloads
- Version 1.01; Sep 13 2008. Removed some resources and infrastructure, and allowed AI tech trading.

Attachments

• Protect China 1.01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    22.2 KB · Views: 285
In other words:

- Qin Shi Huang, you are industrious and protective. Use your traits well.
- Tiny Fantasy World map, X & Y wrapping, crazy resources
- Immortal difficulty, normal speed
- 4 hand-picked opponents
- Conquest and time victory only
- One city challenge
- You start with a barracks, a monument, the Great Wall, 4 strategically placed forts, some roads and 2 quarries.
- I'm using BTS 3.17, but I'm not sure if that's required to play.

I beefed up the start location some more after my playtest, so I'm not sure how doable it is right now. I finally got wiped out in 1915, when my level 25 Riflemen lost to big big stacks of Aztec Marines.

Hope you like it. Do not forget the power of the Cho-Ko-Nu! ;)

Looks great, I'm gonna try, I always wanted to try something new with the one city challenge. I wonder if Immortal will be too difficult though to keep ahead in tech, I guess I'll find out. It probably pay to try to start with a dominant religion, so I think I'm going to beeline for Buddhism right away.

Just found out you can't get buddhism, but you can get Taoism. :) The oracle can help to give you a head start with that and science.

How come I automatically declare war with anyone I encounter? :confused:

Ah, I forgot to state that clearly; it's always war. This has implications for religion and trade, too.

In my experience, my last changes have made this scenario a little bit too easy. I think I'll remove the roads and quarries, and maybe allow the AI's to trade techs again.

how do i download this on civilization 4 to play it looks cool

Do you mean how to play this in Civ 4 vanilla, without expansions? :confused:

I don't think you can, because it makes use of the Great Wall and of some expansions leaders/civs :o It might work in Warlords if you change the extensions of the file to .CivWarlordsSave.

You might also be referring to the Blue Marble terrain visible in the screenshot, I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I made the changes I said I would, uploading the new version to the first post right now.

Cool, please let me know what you think. :)

Unfortunately, AI behaviour regarding attack paths can be pretty strange here, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

I played deep into the A.D. years, and needless to say, I spawned a good amount of great generals with all those forts lol. I constructed additional pylons.

I found that the Japanese were the most powerful, being masters of the Spanish and the Greeks. I did run in to a financial situation, however. I skipped past pottery (for the war techs,) and it cost me as I later had to switch to a cottage economy.

Thanks for the map, I especially appreciate it having such a slow computer (very, very slow, I'm talking MB's worth of speed...)

Top Bottom