1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Protecters of the Faith (was Atlantis)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by AluminumKnight, Feb 28, 2008.

1. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

If Prince is our difficulty, early religion is definitely still possible even without starting with Mysticism. That being said, if our starting position looks poor for grabbing tech and we don't have Mysticism, we may have to adjust accordingly. Everyone's platforms are unsure right now anyway, as we all have to see civ and starting position.

2. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I would like to officially nominate AluminumKnight as Grand Mystic.

3. AluminumKnight

Um, accepted. However, I think this is a little preliminary, as The Masses have not arrived yet and we know nothing of starting position and civ.

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I'd like to join in here for my first try at Demogames.

Oh, and AK, youre god. ;) :)

5. AluminumKnight

Welcome! It's only my second demogame, and I think I lasted a week in the other one, so really, it's pretty much my first too!

I just wanted to point out something to everybody: The reason I'm asking for chat availability is for if we want to have private faction-only chats so that we can vote properly. I've never been in the CFC chat, so I guess I just assumed that was just some sort of public java chatroom or something where we couldn't have privacy.

We could also try the idea of creating a crappy free forum for our faction only, that would accomplish the same goal.

Oh, I'll be setting forth a platform for my goals if I am elected Grand Mystic a couple of days after the announcement goes up.

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I can host a non crappy forum :)

7. Diamondeye

Sounds good Croxis. Btw, my civ skills are not that awesome so I am aiming at avoiding the Grand Mystic title myself. I think AK will do fine (for now) ;)

8. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

This faction is the best. Count me in!
    But, I was thinking, why not have the Expansive trait instead of the Charismatic one?
    And one more thing (this is my first Demo game,) when will we start playing?

9. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Hopefully soon, just need to finalise the ruleset and then we should get going! :)

10. croxis

croxis Chat room op

AlK, contact me in the chatroom if you are interested in factional forums.

I also want to point out we start with a religion civic -- Paganism!

11. AluminumKnight

I thought Charismatic felt more in line with what I was going for with this faction, but I agree that Expansive might work too. This is something we'll have to decide on before any starting position or civ can be defined, so if anyone else has an opinion on this, please weigh in.

12. AluminumKnight

Just an update: We will be voting on traits in the very near future, so if anyone has any other suggestions on what traits to use, now is the time! The only requirement is that one must be Spiritual.

13. Diamondeye

Spi/Chm sounds fine. Imho I'd rather play Brennus than Izzy when randoming civ

14. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Congratulations, your faction has been invited to the Prime Election Debate. The Prime Election Debate is now being hosted by the Poverty's Pub Guild. It is a place for the running factions to further voice their beliefs as well as citizens to get answers.

Please read the rules in the first post before participating.

Thanks.

15. AluminumKnight

:( I'm afraid my chat attendance is going to be sparse since I can't access it at work. I will also be virtually without internet access tonight through Sunday, so if you want, just go ahead and get a forum up.

16. AluminumKnight

Okay, we have a lot to talk about.

First, we have to finalize our platform and candidate by this Sunday night (as described in the Faction Campaign, Election, Game Start thread), and discussion will be held next week, with elections ending by next Sunday.

Second, we are going to have to decide on traits. I was going to try and have a poll, but it seems like Spi/Cha is favored (plus, our forum is not up yet)? Other than that, our faction is pretty much defined.

Finally, I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw my candidacy for Grand Mystic. Not only will I be unavailable tonight through this Sunday, but also for an entire week starting next Friday. The good news is, I'm going on a spiritual pilgrimage and should return with great inner peace and insight... whatever, I'm going to Florida! It would just be too hard for me with missing the beginning of the game. So, thanks for the support, but I am withdrawing.

I would like to officially nominate Strider for Grand Mystic.

17. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

As far as platform goes I'd move #4 up to the #2 spot (bumping the other two down).

18. Diamondeye

Platform, :agree:, might even like a 5 that was more warlike religious, like taking on a crusade, but just a suggestion.

19. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I think we should really get working on our platform, as we have until next Sunday to work on it.

First of all, I'd like to officially endorse Strider as Grand Mystic, on the account that it seems like he knows what he's doing.

Now, I will try to cover all of the areas that we have not covered so far.
    This is a rough draft and not official at all.
    Part I- Faction Campaign

I think we should try our best not to mudsling, for that will denfinatly lower other factions opinions on us. As I see it, other factions may ask us questions we cannot answer immediatly. I think that if our Grand Mystic (whoever that may be) cannot answer a question, that he PM's one of us. I don't think that we should post it in our thread unless it is very urgent, in the interest of privacy. We shall not and will not give up, until all of our members unanimously vote that we should resign from the Prime Faction elections.

Part II- Traits

On Tuesday, I proposed a switch to Isabele's traits (Spiritual, Expansive) instead of Brennus' (Spiritual, Charismatic). Now, I agree with the fact that Charismatic is a good trait for our nation. But, I saw one of our goals was EXPANSION. That, to me, made the trait Expansive pop right into my head. And I frankly didn't see how Charismatic would help our faction. Henceforth, I proposed Expansive. We need to count everyone's vote on this subject soon, so please speak your mind on the subject.

20. Diamondeye

I agree with most of what Ciplayah says, but if you read the description AluminiumKnight has made of the titleholder Grand Mystic, you will see that there are some aspects that lean well towards Charismatic. Although I am not utterly determined that it will be Brennus, I still vote him above Izzy. I am trying to sum up spiritual leaders, let's see how good I remember them - the bold are my favorites:
    Brennus: Charismatic - sounds fine imho
    Mansa Musa: Financial - no. Has nothing to do with our faction traitwise
    Isabella: Expansive - yes, might work
    Saladin: Protective - good synergy with the defensie military goal
    Gandhi: Philosophical - Nah. Mainly because eeryone has played him too much (?)
    Montezuma: Agressive - conflicts with the protective statement!
    Asoka: Organized - Might work
    Hatshepshut: Creative - Nah, imho, creativity is blocked by systematic religion as a theocracy.
    Ramesses: Industrious - don't really think so, could be, though
    Justinian: Imperialistic - Might work but not so sure.