1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Protecters of the Faith (was Atlantis)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by AluminumKnight, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I, personally, do not have a preference for which leader we choose.

2. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Same. I am also ready to host faction forums, if we so choose.

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I am updating AlK's proposal

Enrollment:
    To join this faction, you only need to satisfy the following requirements:
    -You must not be a member of any other faction
    -You must be a citizen of the nation
    -You must post in the Mysticracy Faction Sign Up thread declaring your interest.

Operation:

- This faction will decide upon a leader (Grand Mystic), prior to the faction vote. Nominations will happen for two days which will then follow by a vote. Whoever gains the most vote wins.
    - This leader may or may not appoint advisors and governors.
    - The leader may pass on his powers to a member of his choosing at any time.
    - The leader will rule absolutely; his/her word is final in all matters including legal, military, and foreign and domestic policy.
    - Even though this leader rules absolutely, the metagame rules still apply (such as reporting events in-game, playing the correct amount of turns, etc.)

Organization:

Within the Mysticracy faction, members may nominate themselves or others to be the leader, and through the use of internal polls, deals, or some other means, one leader must be chosen from all candidates. This must be done before this faction officially puts in its bid to run the national government.

Each prospective leader must name a successor. If for some reason the leader should "fall ill" or "die," the successor would take over, naming his/her own successor if needed.

After the leader is chosen, the rest of the members of the faction become the "Conclave." Conclave members are called “Mystics” and can be associated with places once they are established. The Conclave has no real power unless granted by the Grand Mystic, however.

Trait Possibilities:
    Spiritual/Charismatic (Brennus)
    Spiritual/Expansive (Isabella)

Due to the debate on which leader I suggest we do a quick vote. Please say VOTE: and then the leader you choose. Most numerous wins. This poll will be open for 48 hoursish :)

Platform:
    The Mysticracy faction is committed to the following goals (in order of importance):
    1. Develop our nation's religious identity ((Found an early religion))
    2. Develop the might of our nation so that we can safely practice our religion ((military safety))
    3. Grow our nation ((expansion))

Constitution
    The Grand Mystic will appoint themselves or another to be the designated turn player (DTP). The DTP must follow all metagame rules. The pace and time of the turns is up to the DTP discretion.

The Grand Mystics divine word is law and is the final say in all disputes and law changes.

The Grand Mystic may appoint any individual or faction to any position as they see fit.

4. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

VOTE: Brennus

I have updated the constitution per croxis' changes. I have also added a link to the sign up thread which should make it easier for new members to join!

Everyone make sure to check the forum croxis has set up, I intend to start using it.

5. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

So, the final vote count is:

Traits:​

Brennus:
    Diamondeye, AluminumKnight

Isabella:
    civplayah

No Preference:
    croxis, Strider​

Grand Mystic Elections​

Strider
    Strider, civplayah, AluminumKnight​
    So, the majority of the faction votes Strider, so even if croxis and Diamondeye vote someone else, it won't matter; Strider, you are officially Grand Mystic!!!:king:

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Eh that works. Of fearless leader, take me away!

7. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

As grand mystic I promise to do grand mystical things.

When I created the faction system I didn't plan to actually run my own faction. The Church (which is considered to be a guild) was meant to be my baby. Now, however, I find myself in control of both the Church and Mysticracy.

First order of business is that I'd like to propose a renaming. No offense to AluminumKnight, but Mysticracy Faction just does not ring well. I propose Atlantis.

Secondly I'd like to ask all of our current members if the current platform is okay? Do we keep those goals?

Thirdly we are one of the smaller factions and as such hold little chance of gaining power alone. What do you guys think about creating a coalition with another faction?

8. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I am fine by all accounts

9. AluminumKnight

A renaming would be great. Just let me know what you guys think and I'll edit accordingly.

As for the coalition, I would encourage any discussion of such sensitive matters to take place on our private forums, provided by croxis.

10. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Renaming sounds fine. might have to change the platfrom point I from (found an early religion) to (found a religion, preferably early).

And if we are to coalize (?) with another faction it must be one with an equal focus on religion, if a such exists?

11. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

A coalition sounds fine, and I would perfer with the Tribal Council, as they are very large in population.

The platform is fine in my opinion.

Atlantis seems a little too "Octopus Overloards" for me. I was thinking more like Protecters of the Faith.

12. AluminumKnight

I would again like to encourage in-depth discussion of things such as coalitions and alliances to take place in the private forums set up by croxis until a public statement is ready. *points at the posts above him*

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

For everyone sending me Private Messages:

I am reading them, but I've gotten so many in the past few days that I don't reply unless it's required.

Now... I am looking for two people to help me. I am looking for the following from our faction members:

Diplomat - Works between factions.

Strategist - Works with gameplay elements.

If your interested just say so ;).

14. AluminumKnight

Strider: I am interested in being the diplomat, but I will be gone this coming week. :(

15. Diamondeye

Considering I play Prince normally I doubt I can be of use as strategist, but I'd like to and it plays well in with my Roleplay sign-up statement (want to achieve-thing)

16. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

If it is okay with AluminumKnight, I would like to be temporary diplomat until AluminumKnight gets back from Spring Break.

17. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Okay... the Civplayah you are our diplomat until Aluminum gets back. Right now we just formed a coalition with the legion and Warlords that almost guarantees us a spot in the next government. Your primary job will be to work with those two factions to make sure the coalition works smoothly. Also making sure tribal isn't to pissed at us would be nice also.

Diamondeye is our strategist then. Not a lot for you to do at the moment though.

18. Diamondeye

I second Civplayahs suggestion of name. Atlantis sounds a bit cliche, imho.

19. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I'm back! Happy times!

20. Diamondeye

We need a platform to be presented now. I suggest we post it as it is now. As Brennus has the majority of the votes, and we need a platform asap.