1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Protecters of the Faith (was Atlantis)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by AluminumKnight, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

The Triad Coalitions platform (which we are members of) was posted here.

As for the name... I asked DS to take a midway point. I personally like the name Atlantis, but if you guys just absolutely hate it then we need to discuss it more.

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Since when were we a member of a coalition? Can't people tell me these things :crazyeye:

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Since we posted it in our factional forums =p

4. Diamondeye

Here we go again: Since when have we had a factional forum?

Anyway, I rate the odds of the Triad Coalition as Prime rather high, but I have to be a little mad that I won't get to be seeing as much military control on our part. How can we even be sure we will be able to gain any real influence?
    If this issue is more for the forums, please DO link it here.

5. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Post 52: cfc.croxis.net/forum

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Okay! Civplayah! Your first duty as diplomat. As it seems *almost* certain that the coalition has won I'd like for you to contact the other coalition leaders about how were going to go about "creating" the save.

I am personally leaning towards making it a publicly scheduled event.

7. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Yes, O great Grand Mystic!

EDIT:
    Shattered agrees that we should make it a publicly scheduled event. Still waiting for NZL's reply

8. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Does everyone *here* agree that we should make it a scheduled event?

9. croxis

croxis Chat room op

It has my blessing

10. Diamondeye

Sure thing.

Croxis, I am being bumped for a login when trying to open forums. I need one :crazyeye:

11. croxis

croxis Chat room op

There should be a registration button somewhere

12. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

Woohoo! We won!

My vacation was interesting. I was supposed to fly out last Friday (the 21st), but Milwaukee got absolutely buried in snow (14 inches!) and all flights were cancelled. The next flight we could get was on Monday night, so we decided to drive all the way to Florida, which is a 21 hour drive with stopping only to eat and get gas. I thought for sure I would miss the election, but I got back last night and so was able to vote right at the very end (not that we needed it).

Anyway, how exciting is this? We get our own city!

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Now that your back; interested in taking the title and duties of Grand Mystic?

14. AluminumKnight

I would be willing, since you seem to have quite a bit on your plate right now, Strider. According to the laws of our faction, you can name whomever you wish and your decision is final, so I will graciously accept the position of Grand Mystic. I promise to lead our faction in strict adherence to our goals (as much as possible, concessions had to be made in order to get into the position we are). I am making some changes to the faction (mostly changing names of things), taking civplayah's name suggestion.

I have a few things to bring to everyone's attention:

1. I am renaming "Grand Mystic" to "Head of Faith."

1. civplayah will remain as our diplomat, but your position will be "Voice of Faith." (I will be sending you a PM shortly).

2. Diamondeye, your position as strategist will be retained, but renamed "Hand of Faith."

3. I am naming croxis as my successor, if he should accept. He has proven his dedication to the faction time and time again. In the event of my disappearance, he will take over as Head of Faith.

4. I am calling for a gathering of the Conclave to address the stagnation of our faction. We shot up in numbers quickly, but have not gained a member in weeks. To me, this is slightly troubling. We can gather in my tent, as I have plenty of "herbs" and such that we can use for inspiration :D . I think that we can freely discuss these ideas out in the open of this forum, but feel free to use our private forum if you wish.

15. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Might I suggest this for a Faction Name to help with recruitment?

What kinds of things did Monolithic man (stone age) worship? Nature? War? Storms? The Sea? Focus your faith on something a stone age man would worship and then restructure your name and even your "platform" around that concept. (IMHO)

16. AluminumKnight

The only problem with that is then we are locked into some sort of nature theme. For instance, if our civilization is born in a landlocked area, we probably wouldn't worship the sea so much. I suppose we could use something universal, like the Sun, but I also want this faction to make sense if we get an early religion (one of our main goals). Sun or sea worshipping no longer makes sense then. I think Protectors of Faith is a pretty good compromise. After all, faith of some sort is prevalent in any religion, including pagan religions.

17. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

That's a good name! I didn't see that while lurking. Best of luck to you all!

18. croxis

croxis Chat room op

i accept :)

19. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Yes, Protecters of the Faith is fine.

And before I forget, NZL also agrees that we should make the "creation" of the saves a publicly scheduled event. (By the way, I have no idea what that means:p)

20. AluminumKnight

So, we've won the elections (well, our coalition did...), so soon it will be time to get down to business regarding our city (which will be the 2nd one since we got Japan!). However, for now we can't do much because we haven't explored enough, so I'd like to share some ideas I've been thinking about for getting new members:

I might create a thread called "The tent of the Head of Faith" or something like that, and answer questions about everything (everything being IC or OOC, in-game or out of game) utilizing my "divinity." Hopefully this could generate some interest in our faction. I'm afraid it might not take off though, so if the thread starts dying, surely I can count on my Faithful to revive it?

How do we feel about PMing citizens who have registered but not chosen a faction? I think this might be a good way to show that we will reach out to individuals, and even if we don't recruit people, we could get some useful feedback as to why our faction might not be attractive to someone.