Protecters of the Faith (was Atlantis)

Well, the first session is over, and it is now our turn to play. I haven't yet set a date and time for the 2nd session, but we now have enough information to think about where we want to put our city. So go ahead and take a look at the latest screenshot and come here with your suggestions. Other than that, I think I'm mostly going to be following orders on build order from Shattered and scouting from Provo/NZL.

Actually AlKnight, not to dissapoint, but we wanted to run the first two turn plays. This gives us time to stop on first settler so you can take over from there. Is this ok? If not, we can rearrange the order.

That's fine, I'd rather be able to play when I'd have some decisions of my own to make.

Is it just me or does this system keep changing??

This system is quite intact. Shattered decided to part his playsession into two equal parts of about 15 T each, in place of a big one of almost 30 (Legion should have about half the turnsets as they are a big faction, with one per of the minor factions and the last to the non-faction player that wins the vote). The main plan is that each faction in charge of their own city placement, should play that very session.

I see. Makes sense now. Thanks!

If everyone would check out our faction forums. I've posted a thread that we may want to discuss.

There are no active topics for the factional fourms...

Could someone tell me how to see threads?

Edit: I just got accepted to the Mysticracy group, and now I see the topics.

Diamondeye, all you need to do to get into our group is:
1. Go to "User Control Panel" under Board Index.
2. Click on the fourth tab; "Usergroups."
3. Apply for our group, and in a day or to you should be able to view our topics.

You should be able to see out topics right now.

Land Ownership Policy (Rough Draft):

The Protectors of the Faith have no need for individual land ownership. After all, we do not own the land, the gods do. By pretending to be "owners," we only serve to offend them. Land under the jurisdiction of this faction becomes property of the faction itself, and it alone.

However, the Head of Faith may assign a Faithful (including himself) to a certain task that may involve being in charge of a land tile. For instance, the Head may assign a caretaker to an iron tile that will be responsible for the operations there. This is not limited or restricted in any way: He/she may assign a Faithful to be responsible for, say, all dye resources under the control of the faction.

Comments? Suggestions? I will move this into our main platform when it is finished.

As long as you keep the tiles under our concrete control :)Jurisdiction) so that the other people just think those areas are "free" to take - that would be to lure the other citizens and would be just as unforgivable. I say, let all tiles in our city fall under the jurisdiction of the Protectors, focus, like you said, on special things such as border-forts and special resources for a "governor" among us.

That said, as I am a member of The Monks Of Magma, and in charge of the Gem-part of that "guild", I would like that, if we have gems, I will be given responsability for that/those tiles. Other than that, it is up to the Head Of Faith (HOF:lol:), to decide whether an area requires special attention.

Agreed, Diamondeye. All tiles in our cities will be under the jurisdiction of the Protectors of Faith faction, so in a nutshell, me. However, I cannot handle the governing of everything, so I (and any other HoF) would definitely designate "governors" fairly liberally. I will add this policy to our platform.

Good idea, civplayah. I like that, a lot. We need to discuss our placement as well. DaveShack has made a map with potential city sites, but I will make one that is zoomed in further so that it is easier to see, and specialized more towards us.

I've marked up some screenshots with possible city locations, also showing the likely location of the warlords city.

Red - Dye port city. I like this location, personally. However, it doesn't get us bronze, though that's kind of a non-issue considering we have horseback riding now. The question mark is a suspicious bare grass tile in the middle of forest/jungle that probably contains a resource.

Yellow - This gets us Bronze, Cow, Fish, Gems (if we can culturally steal it) and Banana. It's further away and has drastically less commercial potential.

Green - This is a city we could found even if we take the red location. In fact, I would definitely want to have a city here assuming we take the red location.

Blue - This is the probable location of the Warlords city, and I think it's a good move for them.

Purple - This is a pretty good all-around location, with a lot of production potential as well as grabbing Ivory and Gold to push our happy cap up, along with Bronze. It's further away, however, so I would suggest this as our next city after ours and Warlords.

Top Bottom